Stealing Baby Jesus! - Page 3

Stealing Baby Jesus!

This is a discussion on Stealing Baby Jesus! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Offering $500 is a trap, all about vengeance. An empty manger might evoke more "Christian" thought and actions....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Stealing Baby Jesus!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Offering $500 is a trap, all about vengeance. An empty manger might evoke more "Christian" thought and actions.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Offering $500 is a trap, all about vengeance. An empty manger might evoke more "Christian" thought and actions.
    Why is it a trap? They want their baby back from whoever took it. I seriously doubt the guy is looking at any jail time, but it wouldn't hurt him to do a little work in a homeless shelter or soup kitchen. Maybe that would be a positive turning point for him. When you steal you have to have some consequence otherwise our entire system breaks down and becomes a free for all.
    msgt/ret and minimalbrat like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    A few years ago my wife was promoted to run a Catholic sponsored medical facility. I went to meet her for lunch a week or so before Christmas and she was giving me a tour. I noticed that there was no baby Jesus in their nativity scene, and she kinda freaked out saying "On the job for a month and I've lost Jesus!" She called security and the head of security cracked up and told us that its an old Catholic tradition to not put Jesus in the manger until midnight on Christmas eve.

Maybe the thief is just an old school Catholic?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    I don't know why someone would steal Jesus. He's already given everything to us for free.

I think it might have been a little kid, my nephew "stole" my girls window...snowman...thingy on our porch, he just thought it was a toy and grabbed it.

Our sheriff's office just posted this afternoon that a local nativity scene had it's baby Jesus and a donkey stolen. I imagine it happens more often than we think by teens who think this kind of thing is funny.

Kapnketel, that's funny - I can almost picture someone's reaction - I was raised Catholc so it's strange to me that babies are in mangers already...

RAL
    We never put Jesus in our manger scene until Christmas morning. The wisemen move closer after Christmas.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Im catholic and i never knew about that, its kinda cool. My family isn't overly religious we dont do the whole nativity thing.

Prank or not, I think the underlying thing here is the subtle reminder that there is and will be opposition to Jesus from the "anti-Jesus" people. Just like people opposed to firearms, there is a growing number of those people who dislike and are offended by any mention of Jesus Christ or portraying any type of image to represent Him.

Of course I could be reading way too much into this, but the more it happens the more I wonder if anti Jesus forces are at work hoping to eliminate any reference to Him whatsoever. It seems to be creeping in and one day we might wake up and no longer see or hear about Him.

That needs to be addressed by those who still believe.
    Jeanlouise and RAL like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Add to my previous post an "update"

Suspect comes forward in case - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    Im catholic and i never knew about that, its kinda cool. My family isn't overly religious we dont do the whole nativity thing.
    I don't know why, but that made me laugh. Maybe because "the whole nativity thing" is central to Christianity, second only to Easter. So yes, your family isn't "overly" religious. There's a certain beauty in understatement.
    JoJoGunn and ksholder like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

RAL
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

Sounds like the guy really needs Jesus. To bad he can remember where he put Him.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

Drunk, eh? Perhaps he simply had one too many Three Wise Men, saw stars, followed them, and felt himself drawn to the manger where he laid himself down to sleep?

Look on the bright side: At least he didn't take the sheep.
    JoJoGunn and RAL like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Look on the bright side: At least he didn't take the sheep.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I don't know why, but that made me laugh. Maybe because "the whole nativity thing" is central to Christianity, second only to Easter. So yes, your family isn't "overly" religious. There's a certain beauty in understatement.

I've seen them, we just never put one on our own porch or anything.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links