Syria & sarin gas - Page 6

Syria & sarin gas

This is a discussion on Syria & sarin gas within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by xXxplosive Reasoning..............with people who believe they have the right to murder you if you have a different point of view.....Hmmm.....this will never ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Syria & sarin gas

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Reasoning..............with people who believe they have the right to murder you if you have a different point of view.....Hmmm.....this will never be resolved as long as one person thinks they have a better right to life than another because of his beliefs......pretty pathetic for the 21'st Century.....IMO.
    Somebody really needs to brush up on their history. Want to start a list of wars that were not for "religious" reasons. Wars are started for land grabs for the most part. Ultra patritism, religion are just some of the reasons the people wanting to wage war motivate their "followers".

Most acts of violence are not religiously motivated. So, what is your point.
    atctimmy and aus71383 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

IMHO the best model to work from is what you would use when dealing with mental illness. First step is to accept that the fundamental values are different and that the people you are dealing with believe you are as deranged as you believe they are. Their values are just as proper (in their minds) as ours are in our mind. If we cant get past the arrogant posturing that we must be right and they must be wrong we can not have an effective negotiation. We can still have that belief but we can not negotiate based on the assumption that we will bring them around to our way of thinking. Our logic may be completely irrational to them. We need to understand their objective from their perspective.

Or just kill them. Either way works.
    aus71383 and wraithls1 like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

History lesson.....really....Well, historically speaking.....all the casualties of all the wars you speak of could never equal the sum total of death from religious wars through the ages....Fact.....ever hear of the Crusades ?

History lesson.....really....Well, historically speaking.....all the casualties of all the wars you speak of could never equal the sum total of death from religious wars through the ages....Fact.....ever hear of the Crusades ?
    The Crusades that most folks talk about ended in the 13th century. I was replying to your post when you said it was pretty pathetic that it is happening now in the 21st century. How is the 13th century relevant? If anything you are saying it is getting better Most wars are fought for land and idealogical reasons. Even ones that start out with a religious pretense are land grabs.

Afhganistan is not a religous was. The Taliban want us out. The only reason we are there was because they shelter to Al Queda. The Taliban would be fighting us if he were aethiests bcause they want us of their land.
    Jeanlouise and aus71383 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Ya know what.........if some day you get tired of the blood shed and mayhem that still is occuring today because of differing religious beliefs than maybe you'll see the light and realize it just ain't worth it......Murder of innocents in the name of anyone's god or history book is still Murder......that's it.

VIP Member
    Ya know what.........if some day you get tired of the blood shed and mayhem that still is occuring today because of differing religious beliefs than maybe you'll see the light and realize it just ain't worth it......Murder of innocents in the name of anyone's god or history book is still Murder......that's it.
    The key word is "innocents." See my signature line.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    It has nothing to do with differing religious beliefs at all. It's about fanatics murdering for power and the mistaken belief that it's Allah's will. Christians and Jews are not killing Muslims just because they happen to be Muslim. However that can't be said
    for the people we are dealing with in the Middle East.
    If you don't believe in religion that's fine, but don't blame Christianity for what's going on in Islamic countries.
    Hopyard and ctr like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Senior Moderator
    Speaking of religious beleifs...I beleive that this thread is about Syria and Sarin gas.

So,lets not make this a religious discussion which will cause it to get closed down, and get it back on track.

atctimmy and wraithls1 like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I actually have a letter around here somewhere telling me i was exposed to sarin when they blew up a chemical dump in Khamsiyah during the gulf war

VIP Member
    So what are your thoughts, will Assad use Sarin on his people? Will he use it on another country?

VIP Member
    On his own people, if he gets a chance. On another country, unlikely.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Hopefully......someone will have the nerves of steel Regan had and put one into the palace window and end this mayhem for the sake of the women and children there.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    A history lesson seems to be desperately in order:

Debunking the Palestine Lie - YouTube
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Gotta Luv that art work.............

VIP Member
    I still think one of his Generals or friends will kill him soon. They are jumping ship every day.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links