Hockey Fans? - Page 3

Hockey Fans?

This is a discussion on Hockey Fans? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So if the season is cancelled are my Kings champs of 12/13 season too?...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Hockey Fans?

So if the season is cancelled are my Kings champs of 12/13 season too?
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    So if the season is cancelled are my Kings champs of 12/13 season too?
    They deserve it, wow what a run they had in the playoffs last year. I was cheering for 'em as they kept knocking off the top seeds.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Being from this area it is nice to see the ONLY original L.A. team finally win it. Got to go to game three of the Stanley Cup and it was amazing! Wish I could have been at game 6, but my buddy was keeping me updated.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Sorry to say ... the last locked-out's "Cup Oysters" were the Bolts and it being 9-yrs ago, their first season back after the lock-out, 2004/05, they were hardly mentioned.

Because there was so much attention dedicated to the lock-out, and to date, hardly anyone one remembers the Bolts winning. So it might not look good for your Kings only cup in their 45-yr history!

WOW one cup in two tries since 1967? But at least they had the "Great One" for 8-seasons!

Though the Islanders have the best record of all, missing the post-season play-offs for 18-yrs in a row followed by the Panthers 15-yr drought.

How bout them Wings......EH

Re: Hockey Fans?

Grew up watching the Kings in the '80s. Moved to the Canadian border in Minnesota for High School (didnt get to play). Die hard Kings fan. I cried a little when the Kings finally won last season. Wish this lock out would end so they can get cup #2 and set the stage for a dynasty. :)

www.getcorded.com

My wife and I are huge hockey fans. Any kind of hockey, from the PeeWees all the way up to NHL. We watch AHL, college, olympic, the works. We are totally bummed about the lockout and wish they'd just get on with it!

Our favorite NHL teams are (in approximate order) The Wild, the Stars, the Flames, the Blues, and any team playing against the Red Wings!

GO WILD!!!
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Well the NHL and players have come to terms... shortened season to start in a week or so. 48 game season... As a season ticket holder I really don't want to be part of a partial season, don't want to give either the owners or the players my money, but at the same time we're starting a kitchen remodel project on January 17 and it would be nice to have an excuse to get out of the mess every few nights while it's being done... Touch choice for Iggy.

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

I will not be buying the NHL channel this year (which I really need now that I am not in New England anymore to see my Bruins!). But I will watch games on TV. Fortunatley we are hockey nuts and will watch any game. We have our favorites
    ME: Bruins, Capitols, Black Hawks, Red Wings, (No Canadian Teams and No team with whining/diving Sidny Crosby on it)
    MRS. SunTzu: Capitols, Bruins, Stars, Kings, Red Wings
    Sun Tzu Jr.: Bruins, Capitolsm Red Wings, Black Hawks, Stars

BTW: Congrats to the USA team winning Gold in the World Junniors!!!!! And yey that for the first time in history Canada did not medal!!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Yeah, we're huge fans, my wife even moreso... We watch all of the Canes away games on TV and also buy Center Ice to watch any and all games as we're both into Fantasy Hockey and always have a reason to watch any game that's on.

As soon as the Mrs. wakes up, I'll ask her what she wants to do about our season tickets.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I am a long time Blackhawks fan (BTW, the best sweater in the league), had season tickets in the old Stadium days. Remember when the divisions had names?

I'll watch but I don't expect the level of play given the lack of practice, etc. What about the players that signed with European teams, do they come back? If not, going to be missing some top not h players.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I am a long time Blackhawks fan (BTW, the best sweater in the league), had season tickets in the old Stadium days. Remember when the divisions had names?

I'll watch but I don't expect the level of play given the lack of practice, etc. What about the players that signed with European teams, do they come back? If not, going to be missing some top not h players.
    They come back..you kidding..
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    I was born and raised in northern NY (Massean, if anyone has ever heard of it) and loved hockey when I was a little kid. I even wrote fan letters to Gordie Howe. One time he wrote back!
    I haven't followed hockey in years but maybe I'll get back to it again. My son plays for a rec league and loves all thing hockey.

It's kind of too bad that sports are a business first and sport second. IDK, maybe it's always been that way but the money is so big now that it seems worse.

Now I have to decide, Detroit Red Wings or Montreal Canadians?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I was born and raised in northern NY (Massean, if anyone has ever heard of it) and loved hockey when I was a little kid. I even wrote fan letters to Gordie Howe. One time he wrote back!
    I haven't followed hockey in years but maybe I'll get back to it again. My son plays for a rec league and loves all thing hockey.

It's kind of too bad that sports are a business first and sport second. IDK, maybe it's always been that way but the money is so big now that it seems worse.

Now I have to decide, Detroit Red Wings or Montreal Canadians?
    Canadians!!!!!! If you do that I might have to put you on my ignore list!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Canadians!!!!!! If you do that I might have to put you on my ignore list!
    What's wrong with the Canadians...aside from the fact that they're Canadians.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    What's wrong with the Canadians...aside from the fact that they're Canadians.
    I grew up in Boston and a diehard Bruins fan......out of the original 6 teams Montreal is way down on my list as favorites...pompus jerks if you ask me. They did not give the last caoch a chance because he was not a French speaker.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links