DHS says "We Only Spend Money On Homeland Security-Honest!!!

This is a discussion on DHS says "We Only Spend Money On Homeland Security-Honest!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Homeland Security Department paid for an underwater robot in a Midwest city with no major rivers or lakes nearby, a hog catcher in rural ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: DHS says "We Only Spend Money On Homeland Security-Honest!!!

The Homeland Security Department paid for an underwater robot in a Midwest city with no major rivers or lakes nearby, a hog catcher in rural Texas and a fish tank in a small Texas town, according to a new congressional report highlighting what it described as wasteful spending of tax money intended for counter-terrorism purposes.
    DHS grant spending questioned amid budget woes - Yahoo! News
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Yep... shocking,isn't it? And a few years ago, the Dept of Education put out a bid to buy combat shotguns - https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=0

I guess after-school detention is really tough these days!

But seriously, how does THAT advance education or education policy? DoEd doesn't need its own enforcement arm, we've got plenty of .gov cops already.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    There's one agency that can go over the fiscal cliff!
    Crowman and atctimmy like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2 agency's we'd be better of without, dhs and atf.
    Crowman likes this.

While we're throwing Agencies and Departments off the cliff add Energy and Education.
    Crowman and atctimmy like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    But seriously, how does THAT advance education or education policy? DoEd doesn't need its own enforcement arm, we've got plenty of .gov cops already.
    It's most likely for the investigation of fraud in the system.

Education? Really? Id agree they need restructuring but getting rid of it completely seems a bit....drastic.

If I look at all of the waste out there I would go crazy knowing that my money is going toward that stuff. So to keep my sanity, it was my money that bought the bullet that kissed Bin Laden on the noodle.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

getting rid of it completely seems a bit....drastic.
    I would trust the states and local ISD's to spend the money much better. I would trust the taxpayers to demand accountability. I can't really think of a single thing they've done that is meaningful or valuable. They appear to be absolute black-holes. Example: The most recent Secretary of Ed came from the Chicago ISD, which is less than stellar. Weird. Most leaders place successful leaders "in charge"............ I could be wrong about Ed, but think I have a pretty good idea nonetheless.

DOE though is a no-brainer. They were formed to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, they failed miserably. Our most recent successes are all industry driven, despite the DOE. What has the DOE done? Nothing productive,
    Jeanlouise likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I didnt defend the DOE for a reason. All the good they do, all 6 things, could be handled by the EPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I would trust the states and local ISD's to spend the money much better. I would trust the taxpayers to demand accountability. I can't really think of a single thing they've done that is meaningful or valuable. They appear to be absolute black-holes. Example: The most recent Secretary of Ed came from the Chicago ISD, which is less than stellar. Weird. Most leaders place successful leaders "in charge"............ I could be wrong about Ed, but think I have a pretty good idea nonetheless.

DOE though is a no-brainer. They were formed to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, they failed miserably. Our most recent successes are all industry driven, despite the DOE. What has the DOE done? Nothing productive,
    Actually, the DOE has been funding research into hydrofracking since Carter. Without the DOE this technology would not have made it to the market. But don't just take my word for it... "As Dan Steward – the former geologist for Mitchell Energy who pioneered commercial shale gas production in Texas – explains, “the government was behind the critical moments and tools in the shale gas revolution [including] massive hydraulic fracking, 3-D mapping, and horizontal drilling.” By the way, Steward describes himself as “conservative as hell,” but as an industry pioneer he recognizes that the Department of Energy programs that sustained the effort received support from both Democrat and Republican administrations."
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Good point, Dandyone. I'd misplaced that in my old age. Mitchell Energy was a huge pioneer.

hydrofracking
    I been getting hydrofracked by the Government for years,I can tell they did a good job researching the best way to hydrofrack to get the best results.
    My doctor gets the same results with an Enema
    Crowman likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Re: DHS says "We Only Spend Money On Homeland Security-Honest!!!

Who was ever in favor of the DHS anyway?

Fiscal cliff? Fiscal pot hole? My Deadhead friends tell me that we're aming high in Colorado and Washington - something about pot mountains or mountains of pot or some such matter, but definitely not a pot hole or a cliff.

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    There's one agency that can go over the fiscal cliff!
    Don't forget the have the cement trucks line up to bury it for good.........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links