Who called Yeager a coward?

This is a discussion on Who called Yeager a coward? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He's ticked off. Someone should have kept their mouth shut. The gauntlet has been thrown YouTube: VIDEO: James Yeager: James Yeager is a coward?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Who called Yeager a coward?

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Who called Yeager a coward?

He's ticked off. Someone should have kept their mouth shut. The gauntlet has been thrown

YouTube: VIDEO: James Yeager: James Yeager is a coward?
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Re: Who called Yeager a coward?

Bummer.

Wasn't me... I don't know him. I "think" he's a few things, arrogant for one, but I doubt he'd disagree. The issues I have with him are more in how he portrays himself, but he is who he is.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

VIP Member
    The problem is, some people mistake egotistical stupidity for cowardice. There's a difference.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I would like an explanation of what he did so we can make our own determination......not that it matters......but I agree with James......if your gonna call a man a coward at least say it to him directly and not behind his back.......now IMO, that's a Coward.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    This is the only thing I can think of, I hate posting it because I've never been in a situation where I'm being shot at - but this is probably the root of what he's pissed about. People refer to this video and call him a coward for running out on his team, "leaving them for dead" and "not helping the wounded" (not my words, but comments from others).

I think if he's going to be a public figure, he needs to get used to being called names he doesn't like and get over it - not put out a public 'come get some' message.

You can come to your own conclusions:

I find the comment below the video amusing.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Administrator
    We have been down this road before on DC. A lot of people do not appreciate the way the guy presents himself but, the man is certainly not a coward.
    That is my personal opinion after watching the video and additionally based on having read the entire official document/transcript/AAR (After Action Review) of the incident. The man did not run away and he did not leave anybody for dead.

What I will say about James Yeager is that he needs a nice, artistic, well accomplished Tattoo Coverup in a serious bad way.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Well, I wasn't there, can't see what he saw, can't know what he knew. Armchair quarterbacking is an annoyance when it's directed at a football game. Armchair quarterbacking directed toward remotely-viewed, after-the-fact, situations that involved live bullets & real blood is (IMHO) simply a Masters Class in Mall Ninja Technique. The cowards are seldom IN the fight, the cowards are usually just WATCHING the fight. And, more often as not, also enjoying the comforting insulation of time & distance while they throw peanuts from the cheap seats.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I knew nothing about this until today and from what I've researched and read, I wouldn't call him a coward either.

However, I will call him immature for his "come say it to my face" video. I wonder if it'll be a on PPV if somebody decides to take him up on his offer? This could be profitable.

I've only seen a few of his videos and it's because I couldn't really stand him to watch many of them, so if this guy does have sound knowledge and information, guess I'm missing out on it.
    Happypuppy likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Administrator
    If you just watch the VID it might look like Yeager ran away but, there was heavy machine gun fire ripping right through a non armored vehicle and the guy had a second or two to react & he quickly took viable, effective, cover and returned fire as soon as he was able to do so.
    That is what was contained in the AAR (to the best of my recollection) and that does not (in my mind) in any way equate to an act cowardice.

I was not there and very glad not to have been. Tough situation for sure. However, I sure would like to see the video of the basement bully showing up at his door.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Part of bravery is staying IN THE FIGHT. I'm not discussing the details, but I've real-time witnessed the cowardice of taking the easy way out of a situation by getting too-easily killed rather than grinding through the fear, bone chips & gristle of PRESSIN' ON. Avoiding death is not always cowardice & dying is not always an honorable act. Think about the cowards who choose "suicide by police gunfire" rather than facing the music. How brave is that?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I can think of several colorful metaphors to describe him. (But, a coward isn't one of them.)

I would name a few. But, I don't want to get in trouble on this family friendly forum. (However, the first one that comes to mind rhymes with 'stick".)

-

He is a bit of a hick.
    thephanatik and CaptSmith like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links