"Arming" the students!??!?! - Page 2

"Arming" the students!??!?!

This is a discussion on "Arming" the students!??!?! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by falcon1 I agree with you, pappy . Unfortunately, this is still the default mode in schools (at least here in Tennessee). I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Arming" the students!??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    I agree with you, pappy. Unfortunately, this is still the default mode in schools (at least here in Tennessee). I personally think that administrators are still concerned with control. Most cannot really conceive of having to deal with one of these awful situations, so they are still more concerned about a child lost in a neighborhood somewhere (since they can "visualize" that) than they are with a number of children shot because they were cornered (that they cannot even begin to comprehend). BTW, many classroom teachers saw the fallacy of "cowering in the corner" immediately, but the administrators listen to the mayor and the chief of police, not their teachers.
    Then it's time for a new Mayor and a new Cheif, isn't it?
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Then it's time for a new Mayor and a new Cheif, isn't it?
    We keep working on it....

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    From what i understand this program has been somewhat forumlated by a police officer and his teacher wife ... there may be better but .. for now its an honest attempt .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I was just readiing elsewhere that criminals are just as surprised by victims that fight back (and so in shock and defeatable) as many UNPREPARED victims are by criminals who attack them. I think it will work. It has worked for me.

Just listening to the TV news here ever since school started here in the Las Vegas area, and they are taking around 2-3 guns per week off students. One guy even got off the bus, then put 3 rounds of 9mm through the back of the bus, lucky no one was hit. Just on Monday, a girl got off the bus, and some "dude" came up and shot her in the leg. It seems this is mostly gang related stuff, and that girl that was shot, they are thinking it was a "gang initiation" deal. This is not only in High School but also Middle Schools. Afew weeks back, a grade schooler stabbed 2 others on their way home from school.

Dunno....... whatever happen to the "good ole fist fights?" Especially the girl fights, pulling hair, etc. Must be showing my age??

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links