Bad: Cowboy Player Brown Killed in Car Wreck

This is a discussion on Bad: Cowboy Player Brown Killed in Car Wreck within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dallas Cowboy's DUI arrest in death of teammate - CBS News Prayers to his family. I just can't help but think that if Brent hadn't ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By dben002
  • 1 Post By Brad426

Thread: Bad: Cowboy Player Brown Killed in Car Wreck

Dallas Cowboy's DUI arrest in death of teammate - CBS News

Prayers to his family. I just can't help but think that if Brent hadn't had a car that Brown would still be alive.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Thats a death every week in the NFL.
    %wise greater than any amount of gun deaths ( if you consider how few people are in the NFL compaired to legal gun owners)
    Shame to lose a 25 year old.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Let's see if Costas calls for a ban on automobiles ...........or drinking............
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Let's see if Costas calls for a ban on automobiles ...........or drinking............
    Mercedes is the new KKK. If they didn't put the cars in the hands of these kids...
    PEF likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Prayers for the families. Car related and alcohol related incidents are alarmingly common amongst athletes. But you won't hear a big speech from Costas tomorrow regarding alcohol/car safety and reducing alcohol use. Wouldn't want to offend big $ sponsors of the NFL

VIP Member
    I agree that this was a tragic event. It was not an accident as the driver made certain decisions about driving and drinking before he imbibed. /off that soap box.

Anybody else going to make a list of advertisers on Sunday Night Football tommorrow and then send them notes to the effect that Costas is costing them business? I figure this is the only real way to make any inroads against Costas.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

sad

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    ... Anybody else going to make a list of advertisers on Sunday Night Football tommorrow and then send them notes to the effect that Costas is costing them business? I figure this is the only real way to make any inroads against Costas.
    ^^^ This is the way to take action! ^^^

Contact his sponsors and tell them you are not only going to cease using their product, but that you are going to encourage everyone you know to do the same. If the sponsors see that Mr Costas' attitude is going to cost them money, they will take action on their own.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    For a normal citizen: I have no tolerance for drunk driving, if you can afford the alcohol you can afford the taxi ride home.

That said: the driver is a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER FOR THE NFL. He could afford the whole dang taxi company,...He could start his own personal taxi and cheuffer company! They make millions! He cost an innocent life,...What a jerk.

RIP Jerry Brown Jr.

I feel for Mr Brown's family.

{Yep, I'm a Redskins fan but this still ticks me off! Loss of life due to negligence, just like the poor child shot by his own dad ignoring basic safety rules! Sadly cut short by stupidity!}

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Sponsored Links