Doomsday Preppers are 'Socially Selfish' ...according to Emergency Manager...Huh? - Page 4

Doomsday Preppers are 'Socially Selfish' ...according to Emergency Manager...Huh?

This is a discussion on Doomsday Preppers are 'Socially Selfish' ...according to Emergency Manager...Huh? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Socially" selfish. Hm. Guarding against criminals taking from them, in trying times. Yeah, I suppose one could say that's the epitome of focusing on #1. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Doomsday Preppers are 'Socially Selfish' ...according to Emergency Manager...Huh?

"Socially" selfish. Hm. Guarding against criminals taking from them, in trying times. Yeah, I suppose one could say that's the epitome of focusing on #1. Sort of like firefighters ensuring they have their masks on first ... selfish bastids that they are.

</facetious>
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Always prep, never tell...
    rstanek and goldshellback like this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Always prep, never tell...
    Would that be, PANT? lol
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I PANT? I like it!

I have been debating for a long time on whether or not to include some of my community members in my plans for the "potential/inevitable". Is it for selfish reasons? Absolutely, selfish in that I can gain something from them. Am I willing to return the favor of course! So does that make both of us selfish if they expect something back? I consider this a mutually beneficial relationship, a community if you will. Seems fair, I have something they need, they have something I need we share amicably and equally. Not you give me some of your stuff.

Part of this equation is ammo, and not in the giving sense that some have mentioned, although I will freely share part of a cartridge with anyone who seems to need one, or a few.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    I will gladly share my supplies starting with ammunition.
    Thanks! I'll take two boxes of 9mm.

Oh, wait...
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Ex Member
    I agree with her and WHEN/IF I have EVERYTHING I, my family, friends, and neighbors could need I will start worrying about the rest of the world.

VIP Member
    This woman is the direct effect of the "Julia" syndrome. Government provides from birth to death. Don't dare take your own initiative, it's not good for the group.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    This woman is the direct effect of the "Julia" syndrome. Government provides from birth to death. Don't dare take your own initiative, it's not good for the group.
    So it's bad for the "will nots" self esteem? Hehe
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Have you all heard of the parable of the ant and grasshopper? Sounds eerily reminiscent of her thinking, and I don't like the outcome of that story.
    Exactly.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links