It Happend : Burgulay At Jo Jo's House. - Page 2

It Happend : Burgulay At Jo Jo's House.

This is a discussion on It Happend : Burgulay At Jo Jo's House. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am so sorry to hear that. it happened to me too about 17 years ago. All I'll say is it's a good thing for ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: It Happend : Burgulay At Jo Jo's House.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I am so sorry to hear that. it happened to me too about 17 years ago. All I'll say is it's a good thing for all of us that I didn't find them. I'm a little more patient now... and methodical, and prepared. Learn from this event and move on, that's all you can do.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Sorry to hear that. Hope the best for you and the recovery of your property. It's a good eye opener for everyone to have a secure safe but it was a good move having all of your serial numbers handy to give the LE. Crossing my fingers that your LE gets a great break.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I feel bad for you and I can relate as a LEO I had to go out and work a burg so I feel the pain. Hope you had good coverage and I glad you and your wife are OK
    JoJoGunn likes this.

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss and it is a terrible feeling of violation. Many years ago I had two rifles and other property stolen from a storage facility. It was the type of facility that had an opening across the top where someone could crawl from on space to the next.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Im glad they were gone by the time you came home. This local guy walked in on a burglary > Man shot to death, possibly after surprising burglar | The Augusta Chronicle

Oops.

Sorry for the losses, the loss of privacy and the sense of security. As you say, it's an opportunity for finding a decent safe, alarm, cameras/recorder.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Glad to hear you're okay. Things could of been a lot worse, like if they were still there when you entered..

Hope you get all your possessions back. Maybe LE will get lucky and catch a break.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I grieve with you brother…
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Distinguished Member
    Keep up the hope on this one. WVa is like a small town, sooner or later everyone hears about everything. Those serial numbers may well pop up in a shop somewhere. With Christmas coming, folks need money so this break in may be geared towards sellable stuff.

I hate it for you partner. As others have said, it could have been worse. Fortunately the whole family was together and gone when this went down.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Like everyone else I am sorry to hear that sir...Glad everyone is ok and I hope you have good coverage.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Thanks for all the kind words of support and suggestions. It does indeed suck big time.

I just lost my train of thought as I saw the door ajar. My wife luckily had her Ruger LCR with her at the time, I almost ran out to get it and go back. It was very dumb to enter a house that has been invaded not knowing if the perps are still inside, but you don't think clearly, it was shocking to see that back door open. It was very dangerous to enter but I did and can't take back what I have done. Apparently they had left prior to me going inside.

I have compiled a list of the firearms and serial #s and will be hitting the local Pawn Shops with a copy for them just in case the Oxygen Waster tries to sell one. The pistols according to the Police will most likely be traded for drugs and then go to Detroit. That seems to be the most common thing they see. The rifles may be sold at a Pawn Shop, they won't be wanted by drug thugs.

I am not getting my hopes up, once guns are stolen, seldom are they ever recovered. This is the first time in my entire life that I have ever had a break-in so I can consider myself fortunate that I went this long without it happening.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

RAL
    Glad you, your family and the dog are OK.

A sheriff's deputy friend of mine said home break-ins are increasing and many times the burglar stays in the house until the residents return home. A local LEO had this happen to him.

Also robberies and assaults in parking lots are increasing.

Be careful out there.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Take a look at camouflage game cameras. The ones you mount high up in the trees to cover your doors and entry ways.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    I am so sorry to hear that. it happened to me too about 17 years ago. All I'll say is it's a good thing for all of us that I didn't find them. I'm a little more patient now... and methodical, and prepared.
    Pliers and blowtorch?
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Pliers and blowtorch?
    I have a pair of very sharp reproduction Samurai swords. A 40+" Katana and 20+" Wakizashi.

I am thinking disembowlment if I'd ever catch someone. Just saying.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links