It Happend : Burgulay At Jo Jo's House. - Page 3

It Happend : Burgulay At Jo Jo's House.

This is a discussion on It Happend : Burgulay At Jo Jo's House. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sorry about your loss. It's never easy. But at least you and your family are OK. You can always replace 'stuff'. Security cams, locks and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: It Happend : Burgulay At Jo Jo's House.

Sorry about your loss. It's never easy. But at least you and your family are OK. You can always replace 'stuff'. Security cams, locks and safes are a good idea. But even they won't stop a determined/professional BG. Improve your SA, it could save your life.

I hope that LE catches a break on this one.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Been there, done that. Only the list of serial numbers was in the brief case they also took! Without S/Ns there was virtually no hope of recovery. IMy area was relatively undeveloped at the time, nearly vacant during working hours. Now more stay-at-home families next door.

I feel for you. You might get over it, but the wife is going to suffer a more severe loss of security.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I feel for you. You might get over it, but the wife is going to suffer a more severe loss of security.
    Good thing it wasn't her who discovered the pried open door. She is shaken to say the least but I know we will have to go on with life.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So you ran in unarmed? I hope you rethink that strategy. BTW I've heard some burglars will give you a few weeks to replace your stuff, then come steal it again. It's like the gift that keeps on giving. If you can't afford a safe, you might at least want to find a better hiding spot. Nothing but guns stolen? It was a targeted robbery, not random, and they knew you were leaving or would be gone a certain amount of time. Maybe not a confidante, but safe bet a confidante's associate. Think long and hard about who knows you have guns. There is a connection there.
    JoJoGunn, StarPD45 and aceakarick like this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Jo Jo... I'm sorry it had to happen to you... or to any of us here... It's a valid lesson for all of us.

And honestly, I hate that more guns are now in the hands of the BGs... to use against us, whether in Detroit, Chicago or NYC... or even down the road in some other town...
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I hate that this happened to you and your family. I'm sure there is a lot of Monday morning Quarterbacking going on in your head and in this forum. Most of us feel safe and secure until we are violated. It is a sad situation that we need to lock up our valuables, lock our doors, and watch our backs. It is the society we live in and I fear there is no area in America that is immune to it. People don't respect other people and have been trained to take what they want instead of work for it. I'm thankful your family wasn't at home and hurt. Although I'm sure you wish you could have been there to fight for your security, you didn't have to take someones life. I hope they find your guns and they are not used to hurt others. I hope you can regain a feeling of safety and security.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

That sucks man...
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Good thing it wasn't her who discovered the pried open door. She is shaken to say the least but I know we will have to go on with life.
    My break-in was in 1998. The Boss still perks up at every noise or creak in the house. Once "violated," I don't think a woman's sense of security ever returns to the same degree as before. For some it remains as a level of fear; for others it's a sense of "ain't never happening to me again!"
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    That just sucks on so many levels!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your very first firearm gone too. Sentimental value can't be claimed or replaced!

Interesting comment from the responding LEO's about Detroit, it being so far away from you in West Virginia?

Sorry for your loss
    JoJoGunn likes this.

I hate thieves. They are some of the lowest forms of scum. Glad you all are ok, and the pup as well. Learn a lesson and it wont be a total waste. Karma is very effective. Just know that they will get their just due, eventually. People with that career often end up on the wrong end of a home invasion/break in. Time will take care of them.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Been there, done that. Only the list of serial numbers was in the brief case they also took! Without S/Ns there was virtually no hope of recovery. IMy area was relatively undeveloped at the time, nearly vacant during working hours. Now more stay-at-home families next door.

I keep copies of the serial numbers for guns, cars, and also copies of car registration tags on Google Document/Drive.
    Always accessible from any browser.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I keep copies of the serial numbers for guns, cars, and also copies of car registration tags on Google Document/Drive.
    Always accessible from any browser.
    Well now I keep s/ns in several places, but on the computer was not an option for me at the time. I was dragged screaming and fighting into the internet world!
    JoJoGunn likes this.

StarPD45
    Been there. A number of years ago had several guns stolen. No sign of break in. Had serial numbers recorded for some. Never saw or heard anymore about them being found. Insurance covered everything. Guess what the first thing I bought with the insurance money was. YEP. A quality safe. (not a cabinet) Everything not with me is locked up.
    YEAH YEAH I know. Close the barn door...
    Hope you have better luck.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Re: It Happend : Burgulay At Jo Jo's House.

Sorry for your loss bro. I pray I never live through that myself. My wife will never stay home again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Pliers and blowtorch?
    ...among other things.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links