And they say MJ is harmless . . . - Page 2

And they say MJ is harmless . . .

This is a discussion on And they say MJ is harmless . . . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you never smoked it and thought it was a plain brownie making you feel that way, you'd be worried too....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: And they say MJ is harmless . . .

If you never smoked it and thought it was a plain brownie making you feel that way, you'd be worried too.
    Chevy-SS likes this.

If you advocate drug prohibition, you cannot complain about gun control.

I saw that story on the news last night and it "made me sick to my stomach" to hear them make MJ sound so bad. There was one student who had "adverse" effects, which the report states included dizziness and going in and out of consiousness. IMO, she was just high. The story cites the diagnosis of the student's mother, not a doctor.
    Last edited by steffen; December 10th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    It's hard to tell where some of you stand. Are you advocating the use of mj?
    I do advocate its decriminalization. As with alcohol, I don't use it because I don't like its effects on me.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    If you never smoked it and thought it was a plain brownie making you feel that way, you'd be worried too.
    I think that's the main thing at work here.

Calling them woosies because of how they reacted to a drug they did not choose to take? Woo, you're so cool!
    Chevy-SS likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I think that's the main thing at work here.

Calling them woosies because of how they reacted to a drug they did not choose to take? Woo, you're so cool!
    Its not like the brownies were laced with anthrax. The symptoms of THC could very understandibly overwhelm someone the first time they use it, but there is no way to overdose or cause any significant damage to your body by simply ingesting the drug.

If the students had managed to pump a bunch of caffeine into the brownies, this wouldn't even make the news even though the effects would have been equally detrimental to the other students.

Those kids are jerks. That being said for some it would be a pleasant surprise, others not so much. It was probably anxiety that sent em to the hospital. Ingesting it is a bit different than smoking it. Legalize it, tax it, and free up prison cells for real criminals who are being released back into the streets.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

what's with everybody wanting to pay more taxes?

My brother was an addict and was trying very hard to go clean. Does anybody have any idea how hard it is get clean when someone sneaks stuff into your food "as a joke"? It cost him, it cost him big.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    what's with everybody wanting to pay more taxes?
    If it's legal, it gets taxed like everything else. Big government needs big money to spend.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Like Peter Tosh and Bob Marley said - "legalize it, don't criticize it."

However, no foreign substances should ever be given to anyone unknowingly.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    It's hard to tell where some of you stand. Are you advocating the use of mj?
    No one is advocating its use. But, I agree that it's hard to be pro gun law and pro pot law at the same time. Bud doesn't smoke itself, and let's face it-- some of those idiots who give us legal owners a bad name might chill out a bit if they had a brownie or two.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    No one is advocating its use. But, I agree that it's hard to be pro gun law and pro pot law at the same time. Bud doesn't smoke itself, and let's face it-- some of those idiots who give us legal owners a bad name might chill out a bit if they had a brownie or two.
    More importantly, you could grow your own. Regulated weed would just be loaded with chemicals and pesticides

I was once, a very long time ago, young. I was also, near the same time, a college student. IMHO, college pranks are still as enduring & heart-warming as they have always been. Has the world become so judgmentally intolerant & society so prudishly stern that we cast stones at the questionable deeds of reckless, creative & intelligent not-yet-adult males? Young men from 17-20 years old have ALWAYS done stupid things. I'll bet, in ancient Rome, horses & chariots were stolen from prominent citizens so their young male "college students" could get themselves to where (anywhere) there were women & mind-altering substances. This type of behavior is recorded in the history of EVERY society & in EVERY age. It doesn't matter the level of zero-tolerance legislation, prohibition or societal outrage. No one died. Good!
    SayVandelay likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

"Laced" is one thing. Doped something else. And heavily-laden, something else entirely. If indeed some folks were going in and out of consciousness (which might simply be a euphemism for getting sleepy), it's safe to say that a few gotta look to their brownie habits. While the two druggies press their case, that is.

Bummer that the choice was made to not inform the people of what they were about to eat, so they could at least have the choice to consume drugs or pass on the idea. Strange, that the "bakers" thought that unknown drugging of others was acceptable. I guess UC Colorado doesn't have a class on "Drug Your Classmates 101."

Anybody got a light?
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Marijuana is a lot stronger than it was in the 60's when Alice was baking them up in her restaurant. The problem here is that the people didn't know they were getting high. If I suddenly became dizzy and started passing out I might think I was having a stroke or who knows what. I would be very scared. I completely understand them going to the ER.

I think legalizing MJ use is big mistake. The law of unintended consequences is going to come into play.Obviously many people disagree and will defend drug use... so be it.
    goldmaster, BurgerBoy and mkh like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links