And they say MJ is harmless . . .

This is a discussion on And they say MJ is harmless . . . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Several hospitalized after eating MJ laced brownies. 2 CU Students Accused Of Giving Pot Brownies To Classmates, Instructor « CBS Denver...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: And they say MJ is harmless . . .

And they say MJ is harmless . . .

I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    MJ might very well be harmless, but surreptitiously dosing someone with anything isn't.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    "...and five other classmates were suffering from the effects of THC"

I stopped reading after this.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

MJ is harmlessly....suburban college kids, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    What is your point? You disapprove of MH? If so just say it. Anything given to someone inknowningly can cause problems. And yeah, peanuts, garlic, oy, and peas given to my son can be dangerous..he is allergic to them..
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Suffering from? Back in the day didn't they just say stoned?
    Prank gone too far. I know plenty of people who have gotten hurt from the effects of alcohol, but zero from Uncle Willie's secret stash. Known a few bags of Doritos to get severely damaged. I don't partake and would probably have more than just a few words with these students if I was a victim, but hospitalized? Man, that must be some REAL good stuff.
    Chevy-SS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What is your point? You disapprove of MH? If so just say it. Anything given to someone unknowingly can cause problems. And yeah, peanuts, garlic, oy, and peas given to my son can be dangerous..he is allergic to them..
    I make brownies from time to time to take to various group get togethers. I do not put nuts in my brownies because someone may be allergic to them, like your son. Many think MJ is harmless; I assume you feel that way. I do not think people should be adding it to foods intended for others, who will unknowingly consume a potentially harmful (to them) substance. Apparently it was harmful, in this case, to all but 2 members of the class who ate the brownies not knowing what was in them.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post

I make brownies from time to time to take to various group get togethers. I do not put nuts in my brownies because someone may be allergic to them, like your son. Many think MJ is harmless; I assume you feel that way. I do not think people should be adding it to foods intended for others, who will unknowingly consume a potentially harmful (to them) substance. Apparently it was harmful, in this case, to all but 2 members of the class who ate the brownies not knowing what was in them.
    Duh...I think all agree with that. But it does not a justify your thread title which is something I would expect to see on FOX news. Anything given to someone unknowingly is irresponsible
    Darrow75 and Chevy-SS like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Sounds like the girl having the anxiety attack needed another brownie.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Haven't all you defenders of freedom made it abundantly clear...it's not the gun that's bad, nor the car, and probably not the brownie, either.

mkh
    It's hard to tell where some of you stand. Are you advocating the use of mj?
    BurgerBoy likes this.

VIP Member
    We had an instructor at Altus almost lose his career because of a similar incident. It started out with a random urinalysis when he came up positive for MJ. Of course being military you are guilty until proven innocent if it involves drugs. His security clearance was revoked and he was taken off the flight schedule. He kept swearing he had never used but of course was not believed. Thirty days into the investigation he was tested again and came back with even higher levels. Not long after that his son was busted for selling pot and here is where it gets interesting. Turns out his son not only had a stash at the house but he had been baking it into brownies and selling them.

Prior to selling the brownies his son had on numerous occasions baked and just left then on the counter. Not knowing they were dosed sometimes Steve (not his real name) would have a brownie and a glass of milk before going to bed. During the investigation a doctor testified that in those circumstances the only effect he would feel is a better nights sleep. He was eventually cleared but the stigma of a drug charge did follow him the remainder of his career.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    It's hard to tell where some of you stand. Are you advocating the use of mj?
    Personally I do not have a problem with someone knowingly using marijuana but for them to be dosed in this manner ranks right up there with slipping someone that date rape drug.
    aceakarick and StarPD45 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I think this is the new version of spiking the punch bowl and probable is going to get worse before it gets better. I'm not going to argue for or against MJ but I can understand why people wanted to go to the hospital, it’s scary not knowing what’s going on with your body.
    Chevy-SS likes this.
    Molon Labe

The hospitalized ones are just woosies plain and simple. Seriously, a pot brownie sends you to the hospital?

It's like Ron Whites jokes about a vegetarian who's system is "kicking back broth."
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links