RIP Ravi Shankar

RIP Ravi Shankar

This is a discussion on RIP Ravi Shankar within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am not a big Beatles fan, but their impact and this man's is undeniable. I know a lot of us may disagree with some ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: RIP Ravi Shankar

RIP Ravi Shankar

I am not a big Beatles fan, but their impact and this man's is undeniable. I know a lot of us may disagree with some things they said, but as musicians they are legendary.

Indian sitar virtuoso Ravi Shankar dies at 92 - Yahoo! Music
    Chris Dawg likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Gee, I never heard of the guy but most of my life the most heard instrument for me was the bugle. May he RIP.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Administrator
    Well, Reincarnation...he'll likely be coming back soon as a fly or a cow or a goat or whatever...BUT, R.I.P. anyway.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I did not know this. I am a fan of the Beatles and this guy was a major inflluence on George Harrison and what he contributed to the music world via Ravi Shankar.

After Harrison "introduced" the world of Rock n Roll to the Sitar, seemed like everyone wanted that sound in their music. I could cite examples but the list would take up a lot of space.

RIP Ravi!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Ravi Shankar leveraged his talent & international fame, donated all his free time & dedicated the MAJORITY of his fortune to the advantage of the poor in India. Y'all can take cheap shots at his religious convictions if you care to, but let's see you stack-up the time & money YOU'VE put in to validate your own Sunday School attendance. Well done Ravi, you put your money where your heart was!
    Bon Voyage
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Sponsored Links