For the Texans here...This scares the heck out of me!

This is a discussion on For the Texans here...This scares the heck out of me! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Texas teaching ‘Allah is the Almighty God’ Are you all aware of this going on in your Public schools? They are also teaching that the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: For the Texans here...This scares the heck out of me!

VIP Member

Texas teaching ‘Allah is the Almighty God’

Are you all aware of this going on in your Public schools?

They are also teaching that the Boston Tea Party (1700's) participants were from a terrorist organization.

If we aren't safe in Texas, where are we safe?

Please Texans, fight this with all your might!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    All the more reason to home school. I sorry I did but, no way I would send a kid of mine to public school today.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Absolutely frightening. I would like to see the authors' names published...not the "committee", the individuals who decided this is what should be taught.

A high school question on a geography test asks, “Which of the following has been a benefit of globalization?” Possible answers are as follows: a) pandemics, b) increased standard of living, c) loss of local culture, and finally, d) widespread environmental impacts.

The only “correct” answer accepted in the context of the test is “an increased standard of living.”
    Aw, that would be the only correct answer out of the avialable. It was not asking what is not a benefit from globalization. Is that question asked? We don't know because this article was terrible. Not enough information and much guess work.

The thing about Allah....could it be that they are talking about the Muslim faith and explaining that is what Muslims beleive? That is appropriate as long as it is taught thatway, just like teaching a religous course or history and saying that Christians beleive so so and so.

Fight with all m might for what? The only thing I would like to know is more facts about this program. I am not an alarmist like some that go bat crazy from a article from WMD that is states it does not have all the facts.
    lchamp likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Well, that's what you get when you allow ridiculous things like creationism into schools and fight for school prayer. You let some of that crap in you have to let in all in. They brought that on themselves, if it's actually true. There's a reason we are almost at the bottom in math and science scores among developed nations. Nonsense like this. Evolution is rock solid and yet we want to teach fairy tales in school? If people want superstition they know where to go and it shouldn't be schools.

Quote Originally Posted by ValpoHawkeye View Post
    Well, that's what you get when you allow ridiculous things like creationism into schools and fight for school prayer. You let some of that crap in you have to let in all in. They brought that on themselves, if it's actually true. There's a reason we are almost at the bottom in math and science scores among developed nations. Nonsense like this. Evolution is rock solid and yet we want to teach fairy tales in school? If people want superstition they know where to go and it shouldn't be schools.
    Seriously dude, if you want to keep brining up religion and your beliefs you seriously need to go to another forum. You were doing Ok till the last two sentences.
    There is a difference in debating policy in schools and what you consider nonsense and fairy tales. Whether you do it on purpose or not they are veiled insults. And in some of your previous posts in other threads they are not veiled so well insults.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

mrm
    You sir need to keep your religious opinions to yourself on a "GUN" forum at least (IMO). Second if you think evolution is rock solid then I believe you need to study more. Third there is such a thing as Micro evolution no one can deny this because it is proven but I was absent when they presented the (ROCK SOLID) evidence of Macro evolution. Because the DNA code has limits and they can not be crossed today so what makes you think that if you throw millions of years at something that is impossible today is suddenly possible.
    atctimmy and tcox4freedom like this.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Seriously dude, it was pertinent to the discussion. Churches are for things like Jesus and Allah and the like. Schools are for things like science and math and maybe even a little religion through an anthropological discussion.

I was unaware this thread was about GUNS.
    TN_Mike likes this.

The more I think about it, the more it seems that this forum is just a good ol' boys club, many members of which simply want participation by their own kind and nothing more. Ya'll like dissent as long as someone is dissenting against the things you already hate.

I didn't bring religion up in this thread. It was here from the word go. But for whatever reason, in this already-religious thread in the off-topic section of the forum, I'm supposed to stick to "GUNS". I see. I hope you guys find more like-minded conservative Christian members for you to all pat each other on the backs. Hopefully you'll be able to similarly make it unpleasant for all others to want to be here to the degree that, like me, they'll just leave.

I'll show myself the door. Enjoy your one-sided discussions. Best wishes.

mrm
    I was unaware this thread was about GUNS.
    Well then fine as long as we are just going to sling opinions, Then here is mine I believe that we are created equal in the image of GOD, I believe that if you actually study and stop throwing around an uneducated opinion then you would know that the "Origion of species written by your boy Charles Darwin was originally named "The origin of species due to the natural selection of the favorable races" and he was a known racisist who has been followed by very lovable people such as oh I dont know "Hitler" for one. Second there are six different forms of evolution which one are you talking about then.
    Cosmic evolution= the big bang
    Chemical evolution= the origin of all the elements from hydrogen "really"
    Stellar evolution =origin of the stars
    organic =the origin of all the plant life
    macro evolution=the explanation of how we apparently went from a monkey to you (although in all honesty people who believe this crap may be closer to monkeys in intelligence but the jury is still out on that one)
    And finally Micro evolution which is the small changes in a dna code which help the survival of the species (which in no way explains the arrival of the species) THE DNA CODE HAS BOUNDARIES AND AN INTELLIGENT GOD PUT THE ABILITY TO ADAPT IN IT BUT DID NOT GIVE IT THE ABILITY TO CROSS THOSE BOUNDARIES, WHAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TODAY WAS IMPOSSIBLE MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

The more I think about it, the more it seems that this forum is just a good ol' boys club, many members of which simply want participation by their own kind and nothing more. Ya'll like dissent as long as someone is dissenting against the things you already hate.

I didn't bring religion up in this thread. It was here from the word go. But for whatever reason, in this already-religious thread in the off-topic section of the forum, I'm supposed to stick to "GUNS". I see. I hope you guys find more like-minded conservative Christian members for you to all pat each other on the backs. Hopefully you'll be able to similarly make it unpleasant for all others to want to be here to the degree that, like me, they'll just leave.

I'll show myself the door. Enjoy your one-sided discussions. Best wishes.
    I said in my post I thought you were OK till the last two lines. There is a difference in questioning policy in a school and frankly I agree with some of what you said. Then there is the line that is crossed when you throw an insult at folks of faith by calling their beleifs fairy tales. Not debating the validity or beleifs of any religion, but I do not insult them either. That sir is the difference IMO.
    phreddy and tcox4freedom like this.

VIP Member
    I only read part of it but if but if they are saying Allah is the only God and Islam is the only religion then that is a direct violation of the First Amendment and I am surprised the ACLU has not started shrieking already. I have no problem with religion being taught in schools BUT it should include of many religions unless it is a theological school.
    tcox4freedom and suntzu like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Religion has no place in any state-run educational facility. Keep your fairy tales and delusions in your places of worship and broken homes and not where people go to gain knowledge.

VIP Member
    From the article: "The critics say the studies border on proselytizing.

In one scenario, students are asked to study the tenets of Islam, and critics say the materials provided exceed impartial review of another faith, extending into requirements of conversion and moral imperatives."

This is NOT about religion, it's about the insideous creep of dismantling the American way of life (liberty and freedom).

Read the part about their belief what the 2nd ammendment is all about.

I'm not an alarmist at all. I read and I observe and what I see tells me that things are going very wrong in the good ole USA.
    tcox4freedom, mrm, lchamp and 2 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links