golfer shot wife in the eye ( warning graphic photo )

This is a discussion on golfer shot wife in the eye ( warning graphic photo ) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Golf is dangerous and should be regulated by the Feds so this type of thing doesn't happen. Olympic skiier hits wife in eye with errant ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: golfer shot wife in the eye ( warning graphic photo )

VIP Member

Golf is dangerous and should be regulated by the Feds so this type of thing doesn't happen.

Olympic skiier hits wife in eye with errant golf shot | Golf ChannelOlympic skiier hits wife in eye with errant golf shot | Golf Channel

Warning graphic photos view at your own risk

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "The pair were playing together when the Olympian's shot hit his wife, Morgan, in the eye,"

How about hit his wife with an errant ball? Makes it sound like he used a golfball gun on her. Need new laws on high capacity golf bags and the number of clubs and balls allowed on the course. Helmets and faceguards too.
    Last edited by OldVet; December 14th, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Jeanlouise and aus71383 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Golf is dangerous. There outta be a law.
    HotGuns and aus71383 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Amazing she did no lose her eye, good thing she was wearing safety classes.
    aus71383 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If they'd only regulate dimples, in terms of arrangement and number, we'd have far less risk of this sort of thing. Dang golfers! Whatever happened to a good shank? He had to go "skull" the ball. Beautiful.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I couldn't bring myself to look at the picture. Things like that give me the willies.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Why do you make these threads? The threat from people who are against the second amendment is real. This thread is nonsense.

Golf is worth the risk.
    goldshellback likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Why do you make these threads? The threat from people who are against the second amendment is real. This thread is nonsense.
    Thanks for the PSA Debby Downer.

What part of the "Off Topic & Humour" title of this category escaped your all seeing eyes, eh?

The thead is fine. I am a golfer. Back during the summer we had a two some catch up with me and dad and the subject came around to firearms over a "shot." Guy asked me "You carry?" said yes but haven't yet on the golf course.

He proceeded to show me his new "toy" a brand new Smith & Wesson tucked neatly into a small bag attached to his club bag.

So, ColdShot, one never knows what one might talk about on the Golf Course.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Thanks for the PSA Debby Downer.
    I'm concerned about gun control. There are many ways to address this issue, but this site is as good as any other. There are 60,000+ members on this site, and 99.99% of them are adamantly pro guns. It would be great to see pro 2A citizens make intelligent arguments in any forum they come upon, i.e. face to face interactions, forums, facebook, letters to the editor, tv appearances, etc., because anti gun people have a legitimate point.

There is a problem in this country, and they want to address it with restriction of gun rights. Many of them are not morons, or uneducated, or any other comments that get thrown around this site. They are just citizens who want to stop mass shootings like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I couldn't bring myself to look at the picture. Things like that give me the willies.
    Eh. It's little different than getting smacked in the sunglasses and having the frame tear up the brow. Well, not much different. Looks fairly similar. BTDT, with sunglasses and other balls (though, not golf balls). Hurts. Takes some stitches and patience to get through.

At least it doesn't appear she's going to lose the eye. That's something.

As for his approach shots ... he's got some practicing to do.

As for standing in line of someone while a shot's being taken ... well, they've both got some practicing to do. Uncertain what the "basic" golf safety guidelines fully entail, but certainly standing in such a place that assumes a hard-struck ball could kill isn't all that different than the four basic gun safety guidelines. I'm sure they knew that, too.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I'm concerned about gun control. There are many ways to address this issue, but this site is as good as any other. There are 60,000+ members on this site, and 99.99% of them are adamantly pro guns. It would be great to see pro 2A citizens make intelligent arguments in any forum they come upon, i.e. face to face interactions, forums, facebook, letters to the editor, tv appearances, etc., because anti gun people have a legitimate point.

There is a problem in this country, and they want to address it with restriction of gun rights. Many of them are not morons, or uneducated, or any other comments that get thrown around this site. They are just citizens who want to stop mass shootings like everybody else.
    I'm pretty sure we're all on board with this, otherwise we wouldn't be forum members. There are approx. 12 other areas to talk about guns and our thoughts/concerns. It's nice to have one where we can chat about other things. No one is required to r e ad this thread.

RT
    Did it occur to you that not everyone wants to spend their every waking hour talking about and waging a war against gun control? That may be your one and only passion, but most people here have other hobbies and interests in addition to firearms and firearm related topics. This is the "off topic and humor" area of the forum after all.

Anyway, if you're so hardcore with regard to talking about threats to 2A, why were you in the Off Topic and Humor area to begin with? Shouldn't you be in the site's more serious areas talking about serious issues related to firearms? Just so you know, you can talk about the virtues of 2A and the negatives of gun control until your fingers fall off, but around here, you're just preaching to the choir.

Wow, there should be an assault golf club/ball ban... After all it is the club and ball that caused the gentleman want to go golfing.
    BAN THE GOLF CLUBS! BAN THE GOLF BALLS.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links