The winds of war.

This is a discussion on The winds of war. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The winds of war are blowing. Both sides stand in the blood of the victims of the same tragedy. Preparing their weapons for the battle ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By oakchas
  • 3 Post By KBSR
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: The winds of war.

The winds of war.

The winds of war are blowing.

Both sides stand in the blood of the victims of the same tragedy.

Preparing their weapons for the battle to come.

The blood, not yet dried, swirls around their feet.

Yet the victims are forgotten already.

It is the battle now, that matters.

Lest we forget…

These are the victims of Sandy Hook:
    Charlotte Bacon, 6, DOB 2/22/06
    Daniel Barden, 7, DOB 9/25/05
    Rachel Davino, 29, DOB 07/17/83
    Olivia Engel, 6, DOB 7/18/06
    Josephine Gay, 7, DOB 12/11/05
    Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6, DOB 4/4/06
    Dylan Hockley, 6, DOB 3/8/06
    Dawn Hochsprung, 47, DOB 6/28/65
    Madeleine F. Hsu, 6, DOB 7/10/06
    Catherine V. Hubbard, 6, DOB 6/8/06
    Chase Kowalski, 7, DOB 10/31/05
    Jesse Lewis, 6, DOB 6/30/06
    James Mattioli, 6, DOB 3/22/06
    Grace McDonnell, 7, DOB 11/4/05
    Anne Marie Murphy, 52, DOB 7/25/60
    Emilie Parker, 6, DOB 5/12/06
    Jack Pinto, 6, DOB 5/6/06
    Noah Pozner, 6, DOB 11/20/06
    Caroline Previdi, 6, DOB 9/7/06
    Jessica Rekos, 6, DOB 5/10/06
    Avielle Richman, 6, DOB 10/17/06
    Lauren Rousseau, 30, DOB 6/82
    Mary Sherlach, 56, DOB 02/11/56
    Victoria Soto, 27 , DOB 11/04/85
    Benjamin Wheeler, 6, DOB 9/12/06
    Allison N. Wyatt, 6, DOB 7/03/06

May God rest their souls…

It's too late, the battle lines are drawn, the rhetoric on both sides has begun... Shame on us all.

No respect for the victims, no decorum, just girding for the battles.

We, as a country, used to be better than this. No more.

Both sides point fingers, spew invective.

I am ashamed.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

I fear the day where things like this don't bring tears to my eyes. More so, not because of the changes in me, but the changes around me. When things like this become so common, they no longer trigger emotional responses.

Unfortunately, for those in the business of politics and media, this is a story that furthers careers and polishes the soap in their box. A means to their end.

There's plenty of people that should be ashamed of theirselves

Prayers go out to all of the families involved. For those who lost a son or daughter and those who survived who will always be affected by what they seen and experienced. May the Lord bless you.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I've read the news stories, looked at some of the pictures online, the flag at work today flying at half mast, and I haven't been able to shake it from my mind. But somehow this list of names and birthdates has been the hardest to see. The kids were all 6 and 7 years old! One just had a birthday Tuesday - had she celebrated yet or was her family planning for this weekend? I've shed some tears all along but am sobbing now...

My thoughts are with the families in CN. I cannot imagine their heartbreak.

Eloquently stated sir. Like most people in America and around the world I suppose, these innocent babies and their teachers are constantly on my mind. I pray for them all, and will continue to do so. There is no explanation, justification, or excuse for this evil person and the heinous cowardly crimes he committed.

Evil doesn't cease to exist because we ignore it however. Evil must be met with force, appropriate to the situation. What I am not is ashamed. Would I do anything to have prevented this evil doer from his carrying out this massacre? You bet. Just like 9-11, all I know deep down in my soul, is I wish I could have been there. I'm ashamed of the people using this tragedy for their own purposes, but I expect as much. Haven't seen too much on the pro 2nd Amendment side making fools out of themselves, but I've purposely avoided the news today, so maybe I'm missing something.

I'm mad, and I'm resolved to contributing to a solution, to prevent this ever happening again, but I'm certainly not ashamed, and have no reason to be. Be safe.
    Jeanlouise, msgt/ret and Hoganbeg like this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    I've prayed for these poor, sweet little children and their families. It's unimaginable pain.

You are wrong to think that people don't care, they do.
    Sig35seven likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Re: The winds of war.

Jeanlouise.

I didn't say they didn't care.. I said the victims are forgotten.

The battle for rights is more important. Or, perhaps more accurately, it seems that way.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

This is the time for all to come together and help those suffering to heal. The time will come when we have more facts to find resolution.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Jeanlouise.

I didn't say they didn't care.. I said the victims are forgotten.

The battle for rights is more important. Or, perhaps more accurately, it seems that way.
    No, they aren't forgotten, not at all. It's not an either/or situation oakchas. (((hugs)))
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links