So what will YOU do?...

This is a discussion on So what will YOU do?... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yes, you, the person reading this.... I'm on a bunch of blogs and keep reading all the news and whining about the government and losing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: So what will YOU do?...

So what will YOU do?...

Yes, you, the person reading this....

I'm on a bunch of blogs and keep reading all the news and whining about the government and losing our rights, executive orders, and guns, yada, yada, yada.

So I'm asking, what are YOU going to do about it? The curious want to know. (Btw, if you didn't vote, don't answer... You don't count and aren't worth it)

(This entry should be titled - get off your behind and do something instead of whining)

Answer or flame on.

PatriotPirsteSailor.

2. Remove Ads

So what will YOU do?...

Can't flame ya brother cause you are right. What am I going to do? Well, I extended my NRA membership first. Then, I found some letters drafted by my State Conceal carry group for the politicians. That I will sign and send to those that need sent to. Then I will join in on any grassroots groups that start up to support us.

I don't think( truly hope not) they will take our guns. But, sadly I do believe the days of owning AR's and such are coming to a crawl. Same as with high cap mags. What will happen in the end? I can not say. But, as with any ordeal it's going to be a day by day thing. Lets hope the so called(cause i dont know the actual number)millions of NRA members take stand and support the cause they donate to.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

I started a thread with a link to a White House Petition calling for POTUS to support law abiding gun owners at this time. Here it is again...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...agedy/VBpRRMPR
    Richard, SFC US Army (Ret)

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

Defend the constitution that was set forth by our Founding Fathers. That's what I will do.
    DandLfam likes this.

Working on a very local level...

I am taking one of my co-workers to the range next week. He has never held a gun, let alone shot one, and admits he gets nervous even thinking about them. We have debated for hours regarding guns and gun laws. Fortunately he has an open mind and wants to learn more about guns so he can make an informed decision. I figure taking him to the range for some fun and allowing him to see a bunch of law abiding gun owners is the best way to help him understand that 99.9999% of all gun owners are people just like him.

I emailed my rep.

I have always written to my Senators and Congressmen about things I felt were important to me and I will continue to write them about stopping this Gun Control fever that is now going on.
    Also I will send some extra cash to the NRA for their support. I have been a member for years.
    I have tried calling them when I have their phone numbers but most of the time I sit on hold.
    If anyone you know starts to tell you that Gun Control is needed NOW is the time to tell them why they are wrong. No one is happy that those kids were murdered by a nut that the state should have had locked up long ago.
    If they want to pass laws to " save the lives of children " they should start by repealing a law that is on the books which will save millions of children's lives.

I'm no longer voting for Republicans or Democrats. I'm speaking my mind about Liberty to anyone who will listen. I'm enjoying my life as peacefully as possible.
    SayVandelay likes this.

I'll continue to work with our state gun organizations to help influence legislation. I make A LOT of calls!

I also try to set a good example by carrying safely and responsibly every single day without exception.

I also try to help educate people I know by reminding them what the 2nd Amendment is for. We should all remind people that it has zip, zilch and nada to do with hunting. It absolutely protects ACRs, ARs, PTRs, or whatever battle rifle you care to name. Try to remind people, and help them understand how the Founders, as well as the citizens of our fledgling nation, must have felt having had to literally do battle with an oppressive government which made itself illegitimate through years of abuse and lawless behavior. Also, when asked WHY we need these weapons, don't mention zombies, but perhaps many of the other scenarios where these weapons might, and actually have in the past, saved the lives of many a good family (blackouts, LA riots, post-Katrina mayhem, etc.).

Cheers and good luck,

Gav

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    I'm no longer voting for Republicans or Democrats. I'm speaking my mind about Liberty to anyone who will listen. I'm enjoying my life as peacefully as possible.
    *Unless they are Republican or Democrat in name only and they are truely Libertarian.

Sent letters to my Senators, did I.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Like others here, I write my elected representatives, sign petitions, and educate anyone who is willing listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Yes, you, the person reading this....

I'm on a bunch of blogs and keep reading all the news and whining about the government and losing our rights, executive orders, and guns, yada, yada, yada.

So I'm asking, what are YOU going to do about it? The curious want to know. (Btw, if you didn't vote, don't answer... You don't count and aren't worth it)

(This entry should be titled - get off your behind and do something instead of whining)

Answer or flame on.

PatriotPirsteSailor.

I still vote on the premise that my marginal vote might make a marginal difference among marginally different choices. However, I know many people who care every bit as much, if not more, about their freedoms as you or I. I suggest you read this before you start placing a value on other people's perspectives on the matter: Thoughts on Freedom ~ I Won’t Vote! « League of Non-Voters
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

I'm informing my Congressional Representatives of my small government, Pro 2nd Amendment position. If they ignore me, I'm donating & volunteering on the campaign for any Constitutionalist who'll run against them. I'll dedicate my fortune, my time, my influence & (as necessary) my life to preserve my liberty. Because I think Patrick Henry's position is more than just a nicely-turned, catchy, historical phrase from a 1775 speech. And certainly carries more weight than its current position on New Hampshire license plates! I do not wish, nor am I willing to live under any foreign or domestic tyranny. I'm old, so I've grown accustomed to cutting my own path & tending my own fire. And I recall a time before our now nanny-goat, intrusionist government successfully allowed me to do just that.

I have come to the belief that ANY legislation or regulation beyond those specifically permitted by The Constitution should be illegal for Congress to consider. And that those Members of Congress who continue to insist upon governmental intervention into those matters should be; first censured, then impeached & (as a last resort) tried for treason.

What are YOU gonna' do?
    Piratesailor likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

StarPD45
    QUOTE---I still vote on the premise that my marginal vote might make a marginal difference among marginally different choices. However, I know many people who care every bit as much, if not more, about their freedoms as you or I. I suggest you read this before you start placing a value on other people's perspectives on the matter: Thoughts on Freedom ~ I Won’t Vote! « League of Non-Voters ---QUOTE

I firmly believe that the number of conservative/libertarian non-voters played a big part in Obama being re-elected.
    (Not discounting the rampant fraud, though.)

VIP Member
    I call and e-mail my reps. Other than that I try to stay below the radar.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links