(Original Article posted) Interesting read on mass murders

This is a discussion on (Original Article posted) Interesting read on mass murders within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From a writing website I often visit, a view on the real solution to mass murders. [Short read] Posted with author's permission: Don't Blame Adam ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: (Original Article posted) Interesting read on mass murders

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

(Original Article posted) Interesting read on mass murders

From a writing website I often visit, a view on the real solution to mass murders.
    [Short read]

Posted with author's permission:

Don't Blame Adam by Spitfire

Since 1982, sixty-two mass murders carried out with firearms have caused panic in America. Recently, twenty-year-old Adam Lanza decided to shoot his mother, drive to an elementary school, randomly take out six teachers and twenty children and then kill himself. Everyone is looking for a rational answer. I offer one -- the viewpoint of Suzanne Giesemann, a metaphysical teacher, as interpreted and rewritten with specific examples by me:

Mass killings cannot be blamed on one human. They are the effects of a sick society. Disorder, disharmony and disease infect everyday life. Killing is acceptable. Watch the bodies drop in action movies and even animated cartoons. Fantasy, you say? Not to children whose young eyes see a world that doesn't respect life. Video games reward points for blowing up buildings and humans, any obstacle that gets in the way of reaching the goal. Vicious behavior, verbal and physical, make for top-rated reality shows. The masses today are no better than the centuries-old Romans who delighted in entertainment that ended in death.

Taking away guns is a bandage solution that people believe will stop the rampages of mad men. But look what happens if a doctor takes away pills that aren't working--the patient simply tries another prescription. For destructive purposes, there are many pills: chemical warfare, fire,bombs or, on a more primitive level, the swords of ancient civilizations. History tells us what happened to them.

To stop the advancement of any disease (the indifference to life), we have to find the root cause. People are given free will to choose love or hatred. Children and teenagers with moldable minds learn love one day a week at church, then return to homes where anger and violence are the norm on popular crime shows that the family watches together. Is it entertainment to see guns and fists solve problems?

Teaching begins in the family unit. A cure for society can start at home. Make it a daily habit to discuss love and respect and then demonstrate it. Children are like sponges. They absorb the atmosphere around them. Get rid of hostility and tension. Forgive and forget occasional rifts. Show love and kindness in deeds and words.

Mass shootings are symptoms of a cancer that will multiply and cause the death of our technically advanced society. How ironic that we are so lacking in the fundamentals. Our minds must work together to create a collective consciousness that rules out apathy and disrespect for others.

We are dealing with a sickness and must find the antidote. Hatred, violence and guns don't hold true power. Love does. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, and I trust you will -- go into enemy territory and teach that love heals. That is all you need to know. With your help, this message will not self-destruct.
    Last edited by OldVet; December 18th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    This post is only available to members of FanStory.com.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Site says that you have to have an account to read the article.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    Sorry, it should be available to guests. Working on getting author's permission to repost.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Reposted with author's permission.

VIP Member
    I agree with the author but I also think there are some people who, no matter how great their childhoods and parents are, do evil things. Who knows why...some short circuit in their brains?

I definitely agree that kids, everyone really, are desensitized to murder and mayhem by some video games and especially "slasher" movies like the "Saw" series. I see absolutely NO reason for those and I don't think they should be produced. They're sick and have no value at all. So if people are looking for someone to blame, they can start with Hollywood and the self indulgent, spoiled, uber rich, who will, of course, be the first ones to call for an all out gun ban.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Why O! Why can't we figure out the gene that's the source of it all, eh? That's what I wanna know. I mean, the human genome's been cracked, so why aren't there solutions? Snip-snip here, snip-snip there. Or inject a few of those nanotube/targeted drugs and zap 'em. How hard can it be?

</sarcasm off>

Seriously, though, the author makes an important point. It starts at home, with the family, heavily-dependent on the upbringing (for most folks) and what moral and educational grounding they're given as people. Can't be understanding what you don't have the compass to see, or the foundation to interpret it, or the strength to adapt and overcome.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links