Bought two AK-47s today

Bought two AK-47s today

This is a discussion on Bought two AK-47s today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So, even though I don't like the AK platform (no offense to those of you who do), I bought what I believe to be the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bought two AK-47s today

Bought two AK-47s today

So, even though I don't like the AK platform (no offense to those of you who do), I bought what I believe to be the last two AK's in the Kalamazoo area today. One was an entry level bare bones model, the other a nice Hi Cap PAP model.
    Neither will get fired, I'm just gong to wait this whole scare thing out a bit, and turn around and sell em both for a profit. Bought plenty of mags as well-- they'll probably be more profitable if the twit out in Kalifornia gets her way.

See, there's those who say their beer is half full. Those who say their beer is half empty.
    I say there's room now for more beer.
    sioux565, tss and Happypuppy like this.

Ex Member
    In early 1994 I bought a Norinco AK47 for $400, just before the AWB was passed. Took it to a gun show and before I got 20 feet in the door I had 3-4 bidders on it. I left with $1725.

I left with $1725

And I bought a Norinco in about 2004 for $350. Irony abounds.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

And I bought a Norinco in about 2004 for $350. Irony abounds.

When panic sets in anything goes. One SHOULD have a handgun, assault rifle, shotgun, and ammo, they have confidence in. Too many people wait till the last minute.
    Rock and Glock and accessbob like this.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Bought two AK-47s today

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    So, even though I don't like the AK platform (no offense to those of you who do), I bought what I believe to be the last two AK's in the Kalamazoo area today. One was an entry level bare bones model, the other a nice Hi Cap PAP model.
    Neither will get fired, I'm just gong to wait this whole scare thing out a bit, and turn around and sell em both for a profit. Bought plenty of mags as well-- they'll probably be more profitable if the twit out in Kalifornia gets her way.

See, there's those who say their beer is half full. Those who say their beer is half empty.
    Well the congress is going to pass a windfall profit tax on firearms and ammo!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

there's no such thing as an assault rifle..

and to be clear pscipio3, did you buy 2 AK-47s.. or did you buy the semi-auto versions?

VIP Member
    there's no such thing as an assault rifle..
    Ummmm ok......I am afraid the English Language Dictionary may disagree.

An assault rifle is a select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It is not to be confused with assault weapons.[1] Assault rifles are the standard service rifles in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in between light machine guns, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge.
    As far as I know there is not a specific designation for a semi auto AK-47, as compared to the M4/AR-15 categories, they all fall under the same moniker. Semi auto versions of specific AK type rifles even keep their select fire brothers model designations i.e. the AMD-65. Select fire or semi only still an AMD-65.

To the OP congrats on the purchases. When all the panic dies down and the sky does not fall completely, enjoy shooting the rifles.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I ain't touching the grammar lesson. I bought two rifles that look damn near exactly like the ones the Ruskies have been using for decades.
    If that clears up the confusion.
    1 old 0311 and aus71383 like this.

Bought two AK-47s today

Smart move. At worst if they are not banned, you can sell them and break even. I think in the panic leading up to whatever happens they will go up faster than gasoline on Memorial Day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Except if it passes, it will not be legal to sell....
    whoppo likes this.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Play your cards right and if there is ban, sell one with three mags and demand alone should drive up the price. My experience is that there isnt much profit in guns unless your running a penny auction where each bid to drive the price up $0.01 cost's you $1.00. Insane profits there.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Bought two AK-47s today

I made a lot the last time selling unwanted guns when the Clinton Ban happened. The time to sell is when the word is it is expected to pass. People go crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Sounds like you're a few fake passports away from being Nicholas Cage in the movie Lord of War.

Nice work! Wish I could afford to do that.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Afford? Brother-- do you have a credit card? If so, float that 'loan' for a couple months then pay it back and keep the extra when you sell it for 3x the value.
    If you can't afford the gun, or don't want it on your credit card, buy up every high cap mag you can find. Even if you don't own the gun it goes to. I bought 25 different mags from Brownells and Gander. I don't even own an AK-74 or a Ruger Mini 14-- but I got the mags.
    My AK-47 30 round mags I just bought for $36 will be $100 within four months. Actually, I hope I have to eat my words and the mags are worth exactly $36 in four months. Because that means the ban didn't pass.
    But, alas, I don't have enough confidence in the intellect of my fellow American to believe that.

Ex Member
    Afford? Brother-- do you have a credit card? If so, float that 'loan' for a couple months then pay it back and keep the extra when you sell it for 3x the value.
    If you can't afford the gun, or don't want it on your credit card, buy up every high cap mag you can find. Even if you don't own the gun it goes to. I bought 25 different mags from Brownells and Gander. I don't even own an AK-74 or a Ruger Mini 14-- but I got the mags.
    My AK-47 30 round mags I just bought for $36 will be $100 within four months. Actually, I hope I have to eat my words and the mags are worth exactly $36 in four months. Because that means the ban didn't pass.
    But, alas, I don't have enough confidence in the intellect of my fellow American to believe that.

The 32 round generic Glock 9mm mags that are $15-$20 sold in 1994 after the AWB for $99.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links