Three questions that stunned me this afternoon - Page 2

Three questions that stunned me this afternoon

This is a discussion on Three questions that stunned me this afternoon within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty You mean you didn't get the prostate check too? That check is no fun, none at all....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Three questions that stunned me this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You mean you didn't get the prostate check too?
    That check is no fun, none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    That check is no fun, none at all.
    Once would be bad enough... but it's when he says "I need to have my manager check this out..." who when he's done then says "This needs review by the sales manager"... who when he's done says... let's just say there are waaaaay too many levels of management at car dealerships wanting their hand in the deal...
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Refinanced my home few months back had same questions including old addy hadnt lived at in 11 years,seems my ss number had also been wrongly copied down for bills(hospital) ,as well as another in fl same name wanted for non support of child currently living in nc.Had to sign paperwork that guy wasnt me and say ss was wrong and not used by me.And do it all by fax.
    Bit scary to be called up stating on hold for loan due to 2 ss numbers and child support.
    One of the have you ever lived at was the other guys addy saying I had ,pays to read prior to check mark and signing.Had to have them refax and rephrase.
    Out of all the companies that didnt get my loan as went with what I thought was best offer,while they had placed a prior credit check on me ,did so again dropping my credit score 70 pts.Guess spite for not getting it.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The questions might have had to do with transactions involving over $10,000 in cash - rules related to money laundering.
    There was no transaction of $10,000.00 in cash, from what I can read. He said the sales guy told him that the sales guy could be fined $10,000.00 in cash, not that he was giving that much to them.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    These are all questions, and all of the above circumstances, related to the banking fiasco's that contributed to our financial mess. Car dealers inventory a lot of cars, and sometimes they will float that inventory on instruments such as a promissory note that helps them cover costs until the cars are sold. Depending on the lender that is backing the instrument, and the terms of the loan, questions like this are frequently used to ensure identity and offer some sort of quasi-safety net regarding the sale of a car that is currently in inventory based on a loan instrument.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I have had the very same questions, and like someone said, it was part of my checking my own credit. Why would they use that for buying a truck? Personally I would be watching your credit VERY closely. Did dealer steal the answers to the questions to use it latter? Call competing dealers and find out if they are doing the same thing.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

My wife bought an SUV a week ago. She was NOT asked any of those questions.

Distinguished Member
    There is more information out there on you than one would care to know. The benefits of technology. Gone are the days of complete anonymity.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You mean you didn't get the prostate check too?
    They save that one for when you pay for the plates.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    The Internet is a wonderful thing... There is no anonymity anymore.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I bought a truck from a dealer on labor day, and was not asked these questions. It could be a state thing?
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

I think the only way they would know the answers is if they ran your credit report. Since you paid cash, there's no reason for that and you may be able to claim some restitution for the dealer broke the law. This assumes you didn't sign anything giving them permission - sometimes the paper the dealer works up the negotiations on includes a line to check credit.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    1, it is in the off topic and HUMOR category. 2, The OP said nothing about paying in cash. 3, someone asks me questions like that, I walk out the door. I have no credit, I bought my house outright with money I saved.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I would have got up and walked out..........end of that.

PB2
    I bought a truck from a local dealer this week and didn't have to answer any questions like this.

I wonder if you are required to answer them? He said he had to ask them. Did he indicate your need to answer?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links