Newtown........Donations.

This is a discussion on Newtown........Donations. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We worked as volunteer's cleaned out homes that were destroyed at the Jersey Shore, donating monies and supplies and helping home owners after Sandy....but can ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xXxplosive

Thread: Newtown........Donations.

Newtown........Donations.

We worked as volunteer's cleaned out homes that were destroyed at the Jersey Shore, donating monies and supplies and helping home owners after Sandy....but can someone please tell me what the money being donated to this haneous event is being spent on and by whom.
    darbo likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I believe this to be an honest question.....where's all the money going ?
    Anyone have an answer.....? Maybe we'd like to donate.

I don't know. But one might find a likelihood to where donations will go or not go by looking at a larger scale donation pot from 9/11. Maybe something similar is being set up? It's a start but keep in mind that this page was last updated in 2008. Looks like it was set up in the 9/11 case through the United Way and the N.Y. Community Trust.

snopes.com: September 11 Monies

I can't copy and paste anything from the page. I hope that's ok.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Funerals can run in tens of thousands.

Hmmmmm......not really......the United Way was helping Sandy victims.....seems the monies for Newtown being donated and collected is vague.

dunno what they have planned for it but a nice memorial would be a good way to spend it.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

OK.............who is this Newtown United and why are they collecting money there and not the UW or Red Cross ?

VIP Member
    Good question.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Administrator
    Newtown United's committee for sensible gun legislation is meeting from 6-8 pm tonight at the CH Booth Library. Everyone interested in this topic is welcome. We will hear from local residents who traveled to Washington yesterday. Other committees are forming and will meet at later dates.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Be very careful in sending donations - a lot of scammers are apparently attempting to take advantage of everyone's sympathies. If you want to help with burial costs, maybe call the funeral homes directly; call the mayor's office and ask what they suggest.

First off....this is a very well to do community.....where are all these donations going...?
    Tough to get a straight answer......I'm certainly not donating to any Anti organization.....So ?

Links