Interesting question at my physical today...... - Page 2

Interesting question at my physical today......

This is a discussion on Interesting question at my physical today...... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat The nurses and doctors have lap tops and they have to ask you those questions. They also ask how many cigarettes ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Interesting question at my physical today......

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    The nurses and doctors have lap tops and they have to ask you those questions. They also ask how many cigarettes per day, alcoholic beverages per week consumed. New healthcare laws: "gotta pass them to see whats in it. trust me your going to love it".
    And I have absolutely no problem with LIE, LIE, LIE, LIE..... I am intelligent enough to know what my "indulgences" may do to me, I will not have some damned nanny looking over my shoulder. If you ask my doctor I'm a tea totaler, never touch tobacco, always drive the speed limit, always wear my seatbelt, never been promiscuous........

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    Going to a new Doc tomorrow but get Q&A packet last week, last question do I own a gun and if she brings up why I did not answer I am going to say you did not ask about a car, butcher knife, baseball bat I just came to get my heart meds refilled
    As I said above your post, anything other than a NO is likely to be entered as a YES, even a non answer; just answer NO.

I think these days that is just a standard question. The nurse also always slips me a printed sheet of questions: Do you feel safe in your home? Do you feel safe around those living with you? Things of that nature. I always answer no to the depression and yes to feeling safe. But in today's world I sure am glad I own and carry. Off topic...did any of you see about that young soldier who put on his uniform and went to his kid's school to stand guard all day? Unarmed? Just doing it to make the kids feel safe. Definitely a man who's hand I'd like to shake.

VA asks those questions and more Are you being abused or threatened there is about 10 of them for VA

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Will answering these questions wrong get you on the no gun list with the new plans that are about to be rolled out? Or just involuntarily commited, which then gets you on the list?
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    I'm sure those are standard questions that they ask nowdays just to cover everything. Until the advent of "The Affordable Care Act" I would have said that it's in your best interest to answer truthfully. Now, with everything on computer with the intention of being able to share it easily (under the guise of "continunity of care") I will have to seriously rethink what I would answer if asked.

Before "The Affordable Care Act", medical records were kept confidential. Now your records will be accessed by government wonks who will decide whether you can be treated and how much will be paid to the provider...if you have Obamacare. Eventually I think no matter who your provider is, your records will be accessable to the government.

They say they will be totally safe and kept confidential. That is, of course, baloney.
    paramedic70002 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

As you get older, the questions you are asked change. I went to the doctor shortly after my 65th birthday and received a questionnaire with these questions.

1. Do you live alone?

2. Do you still cook?

3. Do you keep your own house?

4. Do you still drive?

I felt like I needed to go ahead and pre-plan my funeral after I left his office.
    Jeanlouise, msgt/ret and aus71383 like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Interesting question at my physical today......

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    As you get older, the questions you are asked change. I went to the doctor shortly after my 65th birthday and received a questionnaire with these questions.

1. Do you live alone?

2. Do you still cook?

3. Do you keep your own house?

4. Do you still drive?

I felt like I needed to go ahead and pre-plan my funeral after I left his office.
    I don't fill those types of things out. They are not anyone's business

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was at the VA today and they asked: "do you have weapons in the house?"
    me: "Yes."
    VA: "are they secured?"
    me: "yes."
    VA: "well don't get any more!"
    me: "whatever! I do what I want!"

lol

Austin

Since I started working for the city water/wastewater department, we have often gone to the health department to get various vaccines, potions, elixirs, brews and tonics for our exposure to pathogens and other contaminants and every time the little nurse/health care worker has asked me "do I feel safe at home?"…
    Can somebody please tell me why that question would be asked of me?
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    I don't fill those types of things out. They are not anyone's business

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I answered mine...

1. No. I have a cat who lives with me.

2. Does using a microwave count?

3. As long as the bank gets the check every month.

4. Yes, but I'm not getting as much distance and sometimes it hooks to the left.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    "do I feel safe at home?"…
    Can somebody please tell me why that question would be asked of me?
    That's usually asked of women...a polite way of saying, "does your husband (or whoever) abuse you"?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I could understand that if I were a small woman but I am 6'3",350, and I am ugly enough to scare a bear off of a gut wagon.
    TVille likes this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    I could understand that if I were a small woman but I am 6'3",350, and I am ugly enough to scare a bear off of a gut wagon.
    Then just say, "No. Ever since I heard about BEC's I don't feel safe anywhere".

Quote Originally Posted by MACC12 View Post
    Went in for my check up today. Nurse brings me to the room and says "Hi". Then the next question was as follows. "Have you been feeling down or any suicidal thoughts"? Been going there for 25 years and have never been asked that question. Made me feel a little uneasy. Is my doctor concerned or is Big Brother looking? Any thoughts?
    Did it make you feel unease because you've been feeling down? They make pills for that. Be careful though, the pills can cause you to have thoughts of suicide...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links