Interesting question at my physical today......

This is a discussion on Interesting question at my physical today...... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Went in for my check up today. Nurse brings me to the room and says "Hi". Then the next question was as follows. "Have you ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Interesting question at my physical today......

Interesting question at my physical today......

Went in for my check up today. Nurse brings me to the room and says "Hi". Then the next question was as follows. "Have you been feeling down or any suicidal thoughts"? Been going there for 25 years and have never been asked that question. Made me feel a little uneasy. Is my doctor concerned or is Big Brother looking? Any thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Drug rep must have just left his office and offered him bigger kickback for all anti-depressants he prescribed.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

My husband had a pacemaker put in a week ago. I finally got him to go to the doc last Tuesday because he wasn't well and the doc sent him straight to the hospital. Pacemaker the next day. He was asked the same questions. Have you been down or depressed? Have you thought of harming yourself or others? These are pretty much standard questions now.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

My family is from MA. They are always depressed Aren't you all?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Just remember, the answer is always NO!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    My family is from MA. They are always depressed Aren't you all?
    Husband said well right at this moment I am pretty darn down and depressed lol. He then went on and on about them wanting to put something in him that didn't belong there. I told him not to worry if he didn't do what he was told I would not make the payments and they would repossess it lol.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Just remember, the answer is always NO!
    Assuming the answer actually IS "no"... I would never advise someone who is considering hurting themselves to avoid getting help.

Everything we do is for the common good. Now be a good citizen and take your pill, I mean vitamin.
    darbo likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Yeah... I get that one at the VA twice a year...

Always a good and honest "no"...

Scared to think what might happen if I answered otherwise...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    "Why doc? Do you know something I don't?"
    paramedic70002 likes this.

Interesting. I see my doctor every three months to get my blood pressure checked. I have an appointment in a couple more weeks. Never been asked that question before. Interested to see if I'm asked this time. Also, contrary to some email I've received in the past, I've never seen a question on a medical form asking whether or not I have guns in the house. If asked that one, my answer will be "None of your F-riendly- business"! (However, my doctor knows I carry and intends to get his concealed carry license too, if he hasn't already done so since my last appointment). He also rides a motorcycle too. Pretty cool doctor, all in all.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    The nurses and doctors have lap tops and they have to ask you those questions. They also ask how many cigarettes per day, alcoholic beverages per week consumed. New healthcare laws: "gotta pass them to see whats in it. trust me your going to love it".

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Well, Doc, I've got no cartilege in either knee, both rotator cuffs are shot, I've got a herniated disc, and a prostate the size of a grapefruit. What would would I have to feel depressed about? Other than that I'm feeling chippy as heck!
    Doghandler likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Interesting. I see my doctor every three months to get my blood pressure checked. I have an appointment in a couple more weeks. Never been asked that question before. Interested to see if I'm asked this time. Also, contrary to some email I've received in the past, I've never seen a question on a medical form asking whether or not I have guns in the house. If asked that one, my answer will be "None of your F-riendly- business"! (However, my doctor knows I carry and intends to get his concealed carry license too, if he hasn't already done so since my last appointment). He also rides a motorcycle too. Pretty cool doctor, all in all.
    That answer WILL go into the computer data base as a YES; only a straight simple NO will be logged as a NO.
    stevem174 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Going to a new Doc tomorrow but get Q&A packet last week, last question do I own a gun and if she brings up why I did not answer I am going to say you did not ask about a car, butcher knife, baseball bat I just came to get my heart meds refilled

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links