Man shoots self using pipe, screw driver and ice cream scooper - TRUE! LOL

This is a discussion on Man shoots self using pipe, screw driver and ice cream scooper - TRUE! LOL within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In our paper this morning: Holmes man shoots himself in hand with aid of ice cream scooper and screw driver[/h]By CHRISTINE L. PRATT Staff Writer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Man shoots self using pipe, screw driver and ice cream scooper - TRUE! LOL

In our paper this morning:
    Holmes man shoots himself in hand with aid of ice cream scooper and screw driver[/h]By CHRISTINE L. PRATT Staff Writer Published: December 20, 2012 4:00AM

MILLERSBURG -- The Holmes County Sheriff's Office is investigating an accidental shooting that left a man with an injury to his own hand.

A deputy was dispatched Sunday at 9:40 a.m. to Pomerene Hospital in Millersburg after William Shetler arrived in the emergency room to be treated for the injury to his left hand.

http://www.the-daily-record.com/loca...d-screw-driver
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

2. Remove Ads

QUOTE=RAL
    After being treated at Pomerene Hospital, Shetler was transported to St. Thomas Hospital for further treatment of his injuries and a mental health evaluation.
    Absolutely.

These are the "people" we need to be aware of and not allow them access to dangerous stuff, especially firearms. Of course the shotgun shell and the desire to have one will not doubt be another log on the fire of gun bans.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I regret putting LOL in the title but I don't know how to change it! The ice cream scoop was pretty incredulous.

I truly believe that shutting down most of the mental health facilities in this nation was/is a travesty. I know many families who are trying desperately to deal with serious problems and dangerous relatives because there is no place to turn. In an effort to be PC we have harmed those in need of help and made society more dangerous.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

People are just doing a little research on how to proceed once we are deprived of our firearms: IFD
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Sounds like the perfect example of why we need a high cap ice cream scoop ban.
    mg27, minimalbrat and accessbob like this.

Hey watch this.....

Next he will be making a zip gun out of the corn holders.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Never turn this idiot loose with a fly swatter
    minimalbrat likes this.

He is lucky he didn't kill himself. I hope they start taking the metal health exams more seriously and can get these people the help they need.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I hope they remember to charge him with illegal possesion of a firearm.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    I regret putting LOL in the title but I don't know how to change it! The ice cream scoop was pretty incredulous.

I truly believe that shutting down most of the mental health facilities in this nation was/is a travesty. I know many families who are trying desperately to deal with serious problems and dangerous relatives because there is no place to turn. In an effort to be PC we have harmed those in need of help and made society more dangerous.
    The icecream scooper got me laughing too.. Things some people will do hahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I hope they remember to charge him with illegal possesion of a firearm.
    Now THAT is funny! A pipe, screw driver, and and ice cream scooper = illegal firearm. I wonder if it was a sawed off pipe. Let's see I have several screw drivers, 2 ice cream scoops . . . I wonder if big spoons count, I know we have some pipes around here . . .
    Last edited by RAL; December 20th, 2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added wonderment

Seems someone was watching MacGyver reruns

It is sad but at least it was only an ice cream scooper and not a pooper scooper.

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post

Please don't regret the LOL. This LOL wasn't laughter per se. I thought of the LOL as a nervous laughter or a laughter of, can you really believe someone did this. I didn't take offence at all.

I agree with your take on mental health facilities. For years people have been dumped onto the street from mental health facilities for lack of room or funding. We have really good health insurance and even it only pays for so much mental health treatment. For years and years many have known the mental health problems in our nation are the cause of many of our horrific problems.
    RAL likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Is there a link for that story? Want to share it on FB
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links