What's the story behind your avatar?

This is a discussion on What's the story behind your avatar? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mine is of my EDC's. Mostly carry the M&P 40, now that the end is near....

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: What's the story behind your avatar?

Mine is of my EDC's. Mostly carry the M&P 40, now that the end is near.
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    One of my edc's.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    When I joined the forum the first avatar I used was removed by a mod and I was given an infraction

So, due to lack of creativity, I decided to go with my picture .

I've really enjoyed reading the story to all your avatars.
    What was your original avatar? If you don't mind me asking lol
    oneshot likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

We all should know where we came from lol. I know where I came from.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Mine is a pic of a cow elephant that is " somewhat" people friendly. She is on a game reserve in the Limpopo province of South Africa, and is used to raise orphaned calves.

I had been feeding her sunflower seeds, which she really likes, and when I was posing for this pic, she was walking up behind me for more seeds.
    It was very difficult to stand still for the pic knowing she was walking up behind me.
    I also stop and visit her, bringing lots of American treats for both her and any little orphaned calves she may be raising.

If you look at the pic closely, you can see the back of a baby elephant on the lower right.
    PEF, Darrow75, oneshot and 8 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Mine is a pic of a cow elephant that is " somewhat" people friendly. She is on a game reserve in the Limpopo province of South Africa, and is used to raise orphaned calves.

I had been feeding her sunflower seeds, which she really likes, and when I was posing for this pic, she was walking up behind me for more seeds.
    It was very difficult to stand still for the pic knowing she was walking up behind me.
    I also stop and visit her, bringing lots of American treats for both her and any little orphaned calves she may be raising.
    If there is a blue ribbon for Avatars I nominate this one Gman.
    oneshot and Rock and Glock like this.

My name is taken from the Metallica song and I ran into the problem of what "Harvester of Sorrow" would look like. After thinking about it a while I decided that he would look like the scarecrow from the batman cartoons, BUT then I saw the scarecrow from Arkham Asylum and was sold!
    Molon Labe

Senior Moderator
    It's my dog wearing my hat
    OD* and BamaT like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Mine doesn't have a real significant meaning to it, other than I get that feeling a lot on internet forums when people try to preach from their soap boxes about silly topics. Besides, who isn't motivated by Matt Foley? He has a way with words.

Somebody started a thread here about showing your 1911, so I went out and shot a playing card in two for a photo, I also learned that day that repeated chambering had caused my ammo dislodge the primer charge, causing 2 hang fires and 4 failure to fires, I was happy to learn it at the range not in a defense situation.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I knew my father was on Saipan and Tinian as a Seabee, but not until a couple of years before he died did he say he helped build the pits used to load the atomic bombs on the Enola Gay and Bocks Car for the missions to end the war against Japan. My avatar is in his memory.

While many have different views as to whether the A-bombs should have been or needed to be dropped, my only response is; How many of you exist today because your fathers or grandfathers were not killed invading mainland Japan? How many family lines would have ended after August 1945?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My avatar?

OK, Just this one time I'l let you ask me about my affairs.

Some people would pay a lot of money for that information...

I don't like violence...I'm a businessman. Blood is a big expense.

I like the Godfather...my wife thinks I've watched it too many times...I think I know every line...

If it shows up on the TV guide, she'll say, "Hey, the Godfather is on, you haven't seen that one yet!"

I've used that avatar for many years.
    wmhawth, Paco, Darrow75 and 5 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The LCR is a replacement for a S&W Airweight that I planned to be my new carry weapon.
    Unfortunately the wife took a liking to it after one trip to the range and has claimed it as
    her own. She is gracious enough to let me "wear" it on most outings.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Well, I didn't have one before this thread but had been thinking about it. Went with the USAF Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon since I earned the right to wear it.
    msgt/ret, minimalbrat and USM1976 like this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    UGA alumni.

GO DAWGS! SIC'EM!
    usmc0311 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links