What's the story behind your avatar? - Page 8

What's the story behind your avatar?

This is a discussion on What's the story behind your avatar? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; THAT is the definition of an Adam Henry....

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: What's the story behind your avatar?

THAT is the definition of an Adam Henry.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    That makes it sound like 2 out of 3 had a REALLY bad experience with EOD school
    EOD school is a pass/fail grade. You don't want to fail!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    It's the name of our farm. The avatar is the decal I put on the farm vehicles......
    Attached Images
    blanco64 and Rock and Glock like this.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Mine is simply a pic a friend took of me at the range, my butterfly tattoos were still pretty new at the time (one for each of my kids) I've just always liked the pic.
    Jeanlouise and blanco64 like this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    My dog. Her name is Africa, and since I am too paranoid to put my face on an avatar, this is as close to being personal as I get. I do love the dog though.
    Walk softly ...

I resembled Zonker Harris of the Dunesbury comics while I was in college, and my friends just started calling me Zonker. It stuck. Its funny that I was studying Political Science at the time
    and was about as far left as you can get without falling off the earth. Amazing what 30 years in business, raising several children, and marrying the wrong woman will do to your view of world.
    Currently, I'm so far to the right, that Atilla the Hun and I are members of the same club.

Zonker Harris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    blanco64, mprp and Rock and Glock like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

mine is the first death metal album i ever bought. still my favorite.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Just lookin round on the web and this one looked cool. I might change it later if I find something that catches my fancy any better.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    LOL...I was just messing with him....and as far as rarity of badges.....MFF is most likely rarer than EOD But then this thread is not about who has the "bigger" badge LOL.
    Roger that.

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout

Mine is an homage to the ultimate in Open Carry.
    blanco64 likes this.

Mine is of the stripes I wore when I retired from the USAF. While I frowned on being called "Sarge" by my subordinates (at least officially ), I was smart enough to know when it was used respectfully.
    blanco64 and 64zebra like this.

My daily carry kit.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

Didn't have a camera, chose a picture that was already on the site. 'Murica!

Austin
    blanco64 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I knew my father was on Saipan and Tinian as a Seabee, but not until a couple of years before he died did he say he helped build the pits used to load the atomic bombs on the Enola Gay and Bocks Car for the missions to end the war against Japan. My avatar is in his memory.

While many have different views as to whether the A-bombs should have been or needed to be dropped, my only response is; How many of you exist today because your fathers or grandfathers were not killed invading mainland Japan? How many family lines would have ended after August 1945?
    Me, most likely. My dad was on the Japanese mainland invasion task force. He never talked much about WWII when I was growing up, but in his latter years talked more and more about it. I knew he was on Christmas Island for 2 years, and that he went from there to Tarawa in the Gilberts. What I never knew was that there was a battle there at the end of those 2 years where the Japanese routed the Americans from the island, and that's how he got to Tarawa. I tried to get as many of his stories as I could before he died. It's quite amazing that my dad and all my uncles went to war, saw action in Europe and the Pacific, and all came home alive.
    Last edited by BamaT; December 22nd, 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Add a word for clarity
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    BamaT you have some precious memories. My granddad never told anyone any of his stories until I got out of the Marines. When we were alone he told me quite a bit of interesting stuff. We were watching Patton one afternoon and he vividly remembered the scene where Patton hit the soldier that was suffering from "shell shock". My granddad had been injured and was just a few yards from the scene. It is a shame he didn't share any of his stories with my mom or uncle but he just thought they wouldn't be able to understand.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links