What's the story behind your avatar?

This is a discussion on What's the story behind your avatar? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Share if you care to. I don't take myself too seriously. I'm not professionally trained, I'm not ex-military, and I don't fool myself into giving ...

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: What's the story behind your avatar?

VIP Member

What's the story behind your avatar?

Share if you care to.

I don't take myself too seriously. I'm not professionally trained, I'm not ex-military, and I don't fool myself into giving self-defense "advice." I have opinions, and sometimes the opinions are well thought out, and sometimes they are not. If you read my posts, you'll be able to tell which ones are which.

Hence the revolver with a minor design flaw.
    rottkeeper likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Aint much to tell. Two guns that I built. One a short barrelled AK with a Silencer on it, the other a Short barrelled .300 Blackout that I built with a can on it.

That picture is on 50 shirts that I had printed up and gave to the people ordering custom builds from me. Its a black t shirt with the words "guns for the apocaylpse" on it.
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Photograph I took through the front window of an antique shop in Goergotown, CO. It is a photo of a carved wooden statue that was in the display window. I saw the statue and thought, "Wow! That thing is creepy! I need to take some photographs!" I took this one out of focus so that it had a semi-transparent ghostly look to it in B&W.
    Attached Images

OD*
    I've long had a fascination with The Poor Knights of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon.
    Last edited by OD*; December 21st, 2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: grammer
    oneshot likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

MJK
    My father served at Bougainville and in the Philippines with the 37th Infantry Division. His unit, Co C, 129th Inf Regt, was one of the first to cross the Pasig and enter Manila. My avatar is the 37th ID insignia.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Just an old S&W Model 19 that has been keeping me company for most of 30 years.
    atctimmy, msgt/ret and oneshot like this.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: What's the story behind your avatar?

I'm not much of a photographer but shadows are my favorite device. My avatar is a self portrait of me and my Springer.

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    wmhawth and blitzburgh like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I have crossed over more than once and worked night-ops hence shadowwalker the dark rider and the horse is for my final ride home

God Bless
    oneshot and NONAME762 like this.

I found this picture at the LOL site. I liked the woman's determined look. It "spoke" to me.

The quote by Susan B. Anthony was just a natural.

The quote by Heinlein is one of my favorites by one of my favorite authors, plus he is a "shirt tale" relation of mine.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

It's from a horror film called "Antichrist" by Lars von Trier. Check out the specific clip below (warning: might be graphic, but probably not):

Maximpactguns likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Just the back window of my truck. The motto and message behind it is one I'll carry with me and live life by until the day they lay me in the ground though.
    blanco64 and 64zebra like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I really like my GP 100. Actually been considering changing it, but nothing has caught my eye.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Picture of my Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge I earned in the Marine Corps.
    blanco64, USM1976 and 64zebra like this.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

I photograph birds and bugs...
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

I'm just a world class bird dog that has served my master well. I like riding in the back of pickup trucks, retrieving birds and long walks in the pouring rain while duck hunting. My favorite read is Gun Dog, by Richard A. Wolters.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Links