For those of you concerned about the world ending.....

This is a discussion on For those of you concerned about the world ending..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Huh... I feel fine....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: For those of you concerned about the world ending.....

Distinguished Member
    Huh... I feel fine.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 13:31-37
    Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come. It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. Therefore stay awake—for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning— lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake.
    I'm pretty sure if Jesus, the Son of God, didn't know when the world was ending, the Mayans didn't know, either.
    MamaMaria likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Never thought it would end like this. 29* outside...

Does that mean Hell froze over?

I lived. Anyone else out there?
    atctimmy likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

The world did end today… really… It did.

You are now in bizzaro world where everything you know is reversed.

Guys marry guys.

Laws are named the opposite of what they mean.

inanimate objects are blamed for the actions of people.

Everyone believes it OK to steal, and you can get something for nothing.

A madman who murders kindergartners may well result in a flurry of new laws, yet a doctor who murders pre newborns is vigorously defended and protected by laws and the state.

People are threatened with jail for doing what our nations’ charter allows them to do.

People blame others for their own mistakes.

Cities make laws restricting sodas to 16 ounces figuring people are too stupid to buy 2 of them.

So called learned people assert that humans can affect the temperature of the planet despite physics showing this us is not possible. People tax and regulate based on this.

Something which did not meet the legislative criteria for a tax, was specifically declared by the legislature who made it NOT to be a tax, and was legally impossible for it to be a tax is later declared a tax in order to keep it in effect.

Animals have more rights than people.

People worship themselves and other mortals rather than God.

Right is wrong and wrong is right.

Enjoy your new world
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Quote Originally Posted by usmcj View Post
    The world did end today… really… It did.

You are now in bizzaro world where everything you know is reversed.

Guys marry guys.

Laws are named the opposite of what they mean.

inanimate objects are blamed for the actions of people.

Everyone believes it OK to steal, and you can get something for nothing.

A madman who murders kindergartners may well result in a flurry of new laws, yet a doctor who murders pre newborns is vigorously defended and protected by laws and the state.

People are threatened with jail for doing what our nations’ charter allows them to do.

People blame others for their own mistakes.

Cities make laws restricting sodas to 16 ounces figuring people are too stupid to buy 2 of them.

So called learned people assert that humans can affect the temperature of the planet despite physics showing this us is not possible. People tax and regulate based on this.

Something which did not meet the legislative criteria for a tax, was specifically declared by the legislature who made it NOT to be a tax, and was legally impossible for it to be a tax is later declared a tax in order to keep it in effect.

Animals have more rights than people.

People worship themselves and other mortals rather than God.

Right is wrong and wrong is right.

Enjoy your new world
    Um...OK? That wasn't at all overly political or religious...way to take a fun thread and rain on everybody's parade. Merry Christmas pal.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Problem is, I still have WAY TOO MUCH ammo to go through at the range before the end of the day!
    Maybe, but is it enough to get through the zombie horde that is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Um...OK? That wasn't at all overly political or religious...way to take a fun thread and rain on everybody's parade. Merry Christmas pal.
    Merry Christmas to you too, sir.

Sometimes the truth is funny. Sometimes it isn't. If my post was not appropriate, or inaccurate, then I expect the mods will delete it. If they don't delete it, or ask that I delete it, then you'll just have to deal with it.

Some of my toys....

Sometimes the truth is funny. Sometimes it isn't. If my post was not appropriate, or inaccurate, then I expect the mods will delete it. If they don't delete it, or ask that I delete it, then you'll just have to deal with it.
    Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinions...same as me.

Well, it's 1036 on the 21st, the TV and computer are still working, cars are driving by, and unless I'm dreaming, the world did NOT end! Hooray! I really did not expect it to end, but I did expect a few crazies to get drunk and act like idiots last night. I think the high winds, cold temps, rain all day turning to snow last night kept the idiots inside for the most part! So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to eveyone (except for the libtards who want to restrict our 2A right! Hope they all get coal in their stockings and have a miserable new year with no more anti gun laws!)
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    The Mayans used the sun to determine their calendar. Winter Solstice means Winter Solstice, regardless of leap year. (I learned this from my hippie, dippy "New Age" Facebook friends ). Anyway, I don't freak out on December 31st, when my wall calendar reaches the end. Just put up the new one . The Mayans probably figured they had 5,000+ years to carve the next calendar. But with those pesky Spaniards and their European diseases slaughtering most of them, I can understand how deciding who "Miss Mayan October" would seem a little less important than surviving extermination.
    I must have missed the part where they survived.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

I thought it was very funny even though I can tell that you and I probably have very different opinions about most issues. If anyone was offended, too bad.

VIP Member
    ......"and I feel fine."
    pgrass101, JDE101 and Darrow75 like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I thought it was very funny even though I can tell that you and I probably have very different opinions about most issues. If anyone was offended, too bad.

Differences of opinion are not bad things.... and many opinions do not always translate into fact. While your opinion, and my opinion, may not be the same, neither of us should be persecuted for our respective opinion.

Merry Christmas
    atctimmy likes this.

Some of my toys....

Differences of opinion are not bad things.... and many opinions do not always translate into fact. While your opinion, and my opinion, may not be the same, neither of us should be persecuted for our respective opinion.

Merry Christmas
    Agreed. Freedom of speech does not equal freedom to not be offended. Enjoy your Christmas.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    Agreed. Freedom of speech does not equal freedom to not be offended. Enjoy your Christmas.
    You offended me. : )
    steffen likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links