Student Suspended for not wearing RFID Tracker

This is a discussion on Student Suspended for not wearing RFID Tracker within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Students in some areas and children in daycare centers are now being required to wear tags or clothing with RFID trackers. This is just another ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Student Suspended for not wearing RFID Tracker

Student Suspended for not wearing RFID Tracker

Students in some areas and children in daycare centers are now being required to wear tags or clothing with RFID trackers. This is just another example of technology run amuck IMO. Whatever happened to Home Room attendance being taken? A vision of things to come. Too much big brother!
    Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker | Threat Level | Wired.com
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

2. Remove Ads

Private Day cares I don't have a problem with as long as it is not mandatory and the parents agree. It can alert the staff if someone is trying to sneak out a child. Schools...no way. That is the dumbest idea and a waste of money.
    TX expat, msgt/ret and oneshot like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Student Suspended for not wearing RFID Tracker

The chip in the back of my neck is sending out pain signals again.

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Oh come on this doesn't mean in the future the government will be able to track each and everyone of us. lol
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

mkh
    Like most state-financed schools, the district’s budget is tied to average daily attendance. If a student is not in his seat during morning roll call, the district doesn’t receive daily funding for that pupil because the school has no way of knowing for sure if the student is there.
    What ever happened to just lying aot their attendance to get more money? It works for other branches of government.

VIP Member
    Like most state-financed schools, the district’s budget is tied to average daily attendance. If a student is not in his seat during morning roll call, the district doesn’t receive daily funding for that pupil because the school has no way of knowing for sure if the student is there.
    Oh yes mustn’t lose any of that taxpayer money. What’s next, a bar code tattooed to their foreheads.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I would just hang the stupid thing out in the schoolyard on the flagpole or something.

I bet other kids will stop wearing theirs as well when they find out they can also get a mini vacation from a dumbing down facility.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Oh yes mustn’t lose any of that taxpayer money. What’s next, a bar code tattooed to their foreheads.
    Well actually yes. Either the forehead or hand. The sad thing is that most will go willingly.

Administrator
    Sorry but, technology has already passed up the legendary "mark of the beast" as being OBSOLETE TECHNOLOGY - You can now be I.D.ed remotely through facial recognition, or remotely through eye pupil recognition or (most recently) by the heat patterns of the blood vessels in your face which are as unique to every human being as fingerprints.
    Even identical twins have differing facial heat patterns.
    So...willingly OR unwillingly you can be identified if the powers that be want to know who and where you are.
    And VIA satellite by your gait and the unique shadow pattern that your body casts on the ground.

If you have OnStar in your vehicle and even if it is not turned on or you are not subscribed to OnStar - it can be activated without your knowledge and you can be tracked VIA OnStar and your conversations can be heard inside your vehicle without you being aware of it being activated.

There are RFID tags embedded in the rubber in the tires of your vehicle. Just FYI.

There is more. The future is now.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    School system here is adding GPS tracking to buses so parents can track their kids buses on their cell phone app. Guess how much that little puppy is going to cost. Over $250,000 just to get started. Is it really that important to know where your child's bus is at any instant? How about being at the stop at 3:15 when it arrives nearly every day. If the school board is willing to spend that money, I don't want to hear anymore griping about school budget shortfalls.
    Piratesailor likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Welcome to Amerika comrade.

Btw, don't be surprised if this is "on the table" during the national discussion regarding violence soon to be run by comrade Biden.
    Last edited by Piratesailor; December 21st, 2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Add the national view.

Links