I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets

This is a discussion on I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by bubbiesdad if it was reversed, and a liberal was threatened, they would have done far more. Just sayin'. my point exactly!!!!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets

Quote Originally Posted by bubbiesdad View Post
    if it was reversed, and a liberal was threatened, they would have done far more. Just sayin'.
    my point exactly!!!!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I personally think that is an over reaction, but you do what ya got to do.

Got to ask this: Are you doing it to make a point or are you truly afraid?
    Never underestimate the levels that mental illness can take people to. I say if some turd wants to incite such violence, the very kind that we as firearms owners and carriers try to defend against, I say stuff the crow down his throat and show everyone exactly what side of the law we're on and prove to him that we'd rather take the side of the law, not the showdown at noon.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I am on the side of the law. There are statutes against this type of speech. Like yelling fire in a crowded theater. He has to be responsible for his speech and ongoing rantings. Like us, the armed civilian, he needs to think before he speaks or acts. He obviously doesn't and there are consequences for that. At a minimum I hope he feels the pressure. However, knowing this government, etc, I don't expect anything to happen and these type of activities and speech will continue.

A real shame.
    Darrow75, tcox4freedom and mg27 like this.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I heard song birds tweet but parrots mimick
    Doghandler likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Isn't communicating a death threat illegal?
    mg27 and Doghandler like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    I am on the side of the law. There are statutes against this type of speech. Like yelling fire in a crowded theater. He has to be responsible for his speech and ongoing rantings. Like us, the armed civilian, he needs to think before he speaks or acts. He obviously doesn't and there are consequences for that. At a minimum I hope he feels the pressure. However, knowing this government, etc, I don't expect anything to happen and these type of activities and speech will continue.
    I applaud you for doing this. Liberals have been getting away with this garbage for years while screaming that "the Right" is made up of violent, gun toting crazy people. I'm sick of it and it's time to push back. So, good for you for taking a stand!
    3wggl, BurgerBoy, OD* and 2 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Isn't communicating a death threat illegal?
    It used to be. I guess if you're a Liberal Dem you can say and do anything you want now and get away with it. Ever watch "The Ed" Show? He's often wishes some Republican dead. I know that's not the same as a direct threat, but disgusting never the less.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    lol. I can't believe you called the FBI.
    I bet those agents are sitting at their desks right now trying to figure out how to handle that complaint.

Bark'n likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Keep us updated if anything comes of this. I would be very interested to hear of any action.
    Walk softly ...

they're arresting people here in Florida that post threats on Facebook and charge them with a second degree felony.....of course the threats are ususally with shooting up a school, but I really
    don't see how this case is any different. Threats are made towards the NRA Members. A threat in print is pretty good evidence, which is why I never go on Facebook and wouldn't know a Tweety from
    a Sylvester.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets

How does an anti go after an NRA member anyway?

Hey, Dude, can I borrow your gun for a minute?

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I personally think that is an over reaction, but you do what ya got to do.

Got to ask this: Are you doing it to make a point or are you truly afraid?
    does it matter? The subject person in the OP made a threat against all NRA members saying they should be shot. Based on what? The actions of a lunatic? How would that differ from saying all liberals should be shot because they support abortion?just making a point,not advocating violence.
    atctimmy and tcox4freedom like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

At FBI headquarters: "Hey Bob! Some guy is suggesting we kill all NRA members...Aren't they the ones with all of the guns?"
    mprp, atctimmy and marinevet1994 like this.
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they canít get it wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    At FBI headquarters: "Hey Bob! Some guy is suggesting we kill all NRA members...Aren't they the ones with all of the guns?"
    the legal ones, anyway. Not sure about liberals not having illegal ones, to protect themselves AND their voter image
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    The FBI? Really? Let's distract them from investigating real crimes and doing things like... oh, I don't know... stopping terrorism to play a political game.

Filing a complaint with the local PD that would be filed and never thought of again is one thing. But the FBI?
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links