I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets

This is a discussion on I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Echo_Four The FBI? Really? Let's distract them from investigating real crimes and doing things like... oh, I don't know... stopping terrorism to ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    The FBI? Really? Let's distract them from investigating real crimes and doing things like... oh, I don't know... stopping terrorism to play a political game.

Filing a complaint with the local PD that would be filed and never thought of again is one thing. But the FBI?
    Why not the FBI? Isn't saying that all members of a certain group be shot considered a terrorist threat?

If the FBI doesn't think it's in their jurisdiction, they can say so. At least it was called to their attention and that's a good thing.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

I just want to clarify what I asked the OP.....to me if he honestly feels the dude is threat then by all means contact LE. If he does not think the guy is serious then I personally think it is a waste of manpower to call the FBI and start an investigation "to make a point".
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I personally think that is an over reaction, but you do what ya got to do.

Got to ask this: Are you doing it to make a point or are you truly afraid?
    I think its good, give these people a dose of what they do to the otherside everyday.. I think its time to stand our ground and fight back in legal ways but be tough at the same time...
    Piratesailor likes this.

As from the OP,the poster of the offensive tweet was a leader of the Democratic Party in his area. That is the example to follow? Calling for anyone you disagree with, to be shot? Sounds like a dictatorship.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I applaud you for doing this. Liberals have been getting away with this garbage for years while screaming that "the Right" is made up of violent, gun toting crazy people. I'm sick of it and it's time to push back. So, good for you for taking a stand!
    Perfectly stated. The liberals have been getting away with way toooooo much.. Time to turn the tables and not bow to them.. And NO I wont LEAN FORWARD .. lol just had to get that out..

no actual threat was made.

there is nothing the FBI can do..or will do.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post

Ummm...maybe, maybe not. Try tweeting that message only substitute the word "President" for "NRA members" and see if a black SUV doesn't pull up in your driveway within an hour or so.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post

so,based on your thoughts,I could say all democrats should be shot,all professional athletes, etc,and that's not a threat if it came from a role as a leader? So online posts mean nothing to you?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I have one of those on my local news paper blogs and all he wants is a reaction. He will phrase things 5 different ways until he gets a response. then its "see what I said that's how they are". all they want is attention to make them feel important and have their 5 minutes of public light and when you help him do that you are sinking to his level. Bottom feeders feed on the lowest level and that's what he is.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan6406 View Post
    I have one of those on my local news paper blogs and all he wants is a reaction. He will phrase things 5 different ways until he gets a response. then its "see what I said that's how they are". all they want is attention to make them feel important and have their 5 minutes of public light and when you help him do that you are sinking to his level. Bottom feeders feed on the lowest level and that's what he is.
    I would agree with you on not feeding the trolls but according to the OP, this guy is a leader in the Democratic party around Houston. He should be held to a higher standard than some crank with a blog.

I would agree with you on not feeding the trolls but according to the OP, this guy is a leader in the Democratic party around Houston. He should be held to a higher standard than some crank with a blog.
    What does having to be held to a "higher standard" have anything to do with if you should call the FBI? I would be more concerned about so called threats from a regular no name whack job off the street.

And his high ranking position is a precinct chairman.....
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What does having to be held to a "higher standard" have anything to do with if you should call the FBI? I would be more concerned about so called threats from a regular no name whack job off the street.

And his high ranking position is a precinct chairman.....
    I was replying to Stan's comment about people who say things just to get a response out of others...not about calling the FBI.

And I'll bet dollars to donuts they he WANTS a reaction from ANYBODY to justify what he is saying. As soon as he gets the reaction he is going to milk it for all its worth and twist it around until he is the "good guy". He is just fishing like westboro does, no reaction to what he says eventually he fades until no one cares
    Jeanlouise and wmhawth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan6406 View Post
    And I'll bet dollars to donuts they he WANTS a reaction from ANYBODY to justify what he is saying. As soon as he gets the reaction he is going to milk it for all its worth and twist it around until he is the "good guy". He is just fishing like westboro does, no reaction to what he says eventually he fades until no one cares
    so he wants people to think he's an idiot who can't control himself? Mission accomplished.
    CIBMike likes this.

You are misunderstanding He IS an idiot who can't control himself but he wants to justify who and what he is and sacrifice someone to attain what he wants. Publicity

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links