I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets

This is a discussion on I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; John Cobaruvvias, a democratic leader is Houston tweeted that all NRA members should be shot. This man lives near me. His threats to me, as ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets

I'm tired of the threats and vitriolic tweets

John Cobaruvvias, a democratic leader is Houston tweeted that all NRA members should be shot.

This man lives near me. His threats to me, as an NRA member and the overall group, incite violence and is considered a crime. Although he has supposedly retracted his statement, his facebook page indicated differently. What if he sees my car, with an NRA sticker and his "emotions get the better of him" and he bashes my car or me with my daughter inside.

I have filed a complaint with the local FBI office and may do so with the Houston police department.

I would encourage anyone living in the Houston area to do the same. We cannot let this stand. This guy would be the first to yell at us if we made such a comment and he must know that his actions have consequences.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Turn off tweeter.......it really isn't good for much
    Sig35seven likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Prosecute him.......IMO.

Whats a tweet? If you can't say it directly to my face, then your opinion means nothing to me (except you are a coward).
    wmhawth and surefire7 like this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Just to be clear, I don't tweet or Facebook. I have friends that do and they relay the information.

However, turning off twitter, due to a terroristic threat, is a violation of my civil rights and free speech. He should be prosecuted or at a minimum investigated as a hate monger.
    Darrow75 and mg27 like this.

I can't use my preferred tense of the word tweet on this forum as it would get me in trouble with the Mods, but in general I feel that Twitter is a great opportunity for people to show how hateful, ignorant and impulsive they are...all in 140 characters or less.
    atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Just to be clear, I don't tweet or Facebook. I have friends that do and they relay the information.

However, turning off twitter, due to a terroristic threat, is a violation of my civil rights and free speech. He should be prosecuted or at a minimum investigated as a hate monger.
    It's nice when you can turn the table on the haters.
    tcox4freedom and mg27 like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I just filed a complaint with his employer, NASA. I sent an email to NASA in DC but also to the local nasa security office letting them know I have contacted the FBI.
    2slow04, Bubbiesdad, mprp and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    I just filed a complaint with his employer, NASA. I sent an email to NASA in DC but also to the local nasa security office letting them know I have contacted the FBI.
    I personally think that is an over reaction, but you do what ya got to do.

Got to ask this: Are you doing it to make a point or are you truly afraid?
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

In the battle that's ahead of us it's probably best not to get down in the mud with the idiots in tweety land.
    miller_man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post

If it was reversed, and a liberal was threatened, they would have done far more. Just sayin'.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    Whats a tweet? If you can't say it directly to my face, then your opinion means nothing to me (except you are a coward).
    James, is that you? I thought you lived in Tennessee
    atctimmy, wmhawth and Echo_Four like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    If it was reversed, and a liberal was threatened, they would have done far more. Just sayin'.
    That was not the question. What is so hard on this planet to get a straight answer these days? You can't ask someone what 2 plus 2 is without pausing, coming up with analogies, deflecting the question to somethind else.

I am really a simple man. When I ask something there is no ilterior motive, meaning, nothing. It stands as posted. I don't give a hoot what liberals would do. If I did I would have asked that.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post

No I'm not afraid but are there people in my community that may be afraid - I'm sure there are.

I am making a point that these people cannot get away with this. Who do you most often hear or read about making these types of threats? Yes, it's an open question to you.

lol. I can't believe you called the FBI.
    SIXTO, Pythius and wmhawth like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links