18" of snow and fun

This is a discussion on 18" of snow and fun within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yeah, all clear now, however my dad did go out of town a few miles to help friends and got stuck. Cookie baking is at ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 18" of snow and fun

Lead Moderator
    Yeah, all clear now, however my dad did go out of town a few miles to help friends and got stuck. Cookie baking is at the very edge of my skill set. I did get some frosting in earlier in the week.
    QKShooter, enjoy the tent and new bag, I remember living in town and testing my ECWS style 3 layer bag sans tent overnight. It worked too well and I was sweating a bit till I opened a layer on a 20 degree night. The neighbors were probably wondering what the green and camp lump was in my front yard.
    I used to winter camp at least once or twice a year and remember foot upon foot of snow back in the day. Once in a while we get a bunch but not all winter long like we used to.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    We are getting some decent wind gusts here. There is some piece of copper flashing that is loose some doggone place on my house. Every time there is a decently stiff wind it vibrates and sounds almost as loud as somebody hitting one note on a trumpet.

I cannot figure out exactly where it is emanating from? I have even stood outside and heard it but, still cannot get a location.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    73 degrees and sunny here. You can keep that white stuff!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Cookie baking is at the very edge of my skill set.
    Eating, Rocky, eating.

still cannot get a location
    Arghhhhh! Two story or one? Get an extension pole and extend it and try pushing on the flashing at various points?

I'm telln' ya..... out here in central Asia there's 10 to 18 inches of snow everywhere and my power has been as cosistent as my golf game. Being an old Louisiana boy who retired in southern Georgia this negitive 20's I've been living with is getting uncomfortable! I can't even imagine living in Mi during the winter months, but I'm getting a clue now.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    All we got here was around 1 in. and a bit of slight drift.
    Mom says Ogemaw co got 4-6 in.
    Rocky, hope your pop get his power back on soon.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links