gun buying gone crazy

This is a discussion on gun buying gone crazy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mg27 cdnn out of everything, Rock your glock our of hi cap mags.. dam. Glad I didnt wait, though I could use ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: gun buying gone crazy

gun buying gone crazy

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    cdnn out of everything, Rock your glock our of hi cap mags.. dam. Glad I didnt wait, though I could use more, but take what i can get.
    ^^^ normal capacity mags as a TNPer would say lol

2. Remove Ads

gun buying gone crazy

I went out and bought a Remington 700 chambered in 223. I've been wanting this rifle for 3 or 4 years and I finally decided to get it since guns "might" go up in price. That and I got a pretty sweet Christmas bonus and raise!

Price gouging is outrageous went to visit family in Alabama and went to a gun store while I was there. They had marked up 800 to 900 dollars AR15s to $1800.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    Price gouging is outrageous went to visit family in Alabama and went to a gun store while I was there. They had marked up 800 to 900 dollars AR15s to $1800.
    What's crazy is that American gun manufacture's stock value has dropped even though sales are way up. Smith & Wesson (SWHC) was trading in the $10-11 range and dropped to $8-something after the CT shooting. Same for Ruger (RGR), it had reached an all-time high of almost $60 per share, now it's in the mid-$40's. They're shipping as fast as they can but the stockholders think the stock will drop in value due to gun control, but in fact sales are through the roof!

My guess is that if gun control legislation is proposed but fails to pass they will both rise quickly, but then settle down a bit higher than they were.

I was at Cabelas (in Arizona) on Wednesday in the middle of the day with my father. I turned to him and said "Doesn't anyone work anymore?" We couldn't get near the gun case and the gun only line was 4X longer than the line just to buy normal stuff. Me and my brother went to walmart to buy ammo and they were cleaned out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links