They call gun owners nuts!!!!

This is a discussion on They call gun owners nuts!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Woke up this morming. 35 degrees outside with a light rain. Looked out my back window and what do I see. Golfers playing golf on ...

Like Tree21Likes
  • 1 Post By MACC12
  • 5 Post By Curzyk
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 7 Post By PEF
  • 5 Post By Kimberpackn
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By Camjr

Thread: They call gun owners nuts!!!!

Woke up this morming. 35 degrees outside with a light rain. Looked out my back window and what do I see. Golfers playing golf on the course behind my house. AND WE ARE CRAZY!
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Those golfers may be gun owners!

Quote Originally Posted by Curzyk View Post
    Those golfers may be gun owners!
    What we need here is a Venn diagram...
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    We need to ban high capacity golf bags!! Why do golfers need 30 balls for 18 holes????

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    "We need to ban high capacity golf bags!! Why do golfers need 30 balls for 18 holes????"

You've never seen me golf.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    "We need to ban high capacity golf bags!! Why do golfers need 30 balls for 18 holes????"

You've never seen me golf.
    Spray 'n pray = shank 'n swear. Now I understand.

Ok, I confess I am a nut. I golf.

Although it is few and far between due to work blah, blah, blah, I will go. Do I go in horrid weather on purpose? Nope, but I have gone out and it got bad. I too have seen the "nuts" out on courses in weather I never wanted to venture out into but sometimes the love of something makes a person do things others find silly.

During the summer, I went with my dad, and a guy from church. On the back nine a couple guys caught up with us and asked if they could finish out their game with us. Of course we said yes. On number 16 hole I talked with one and the subject of guns came up in reference to a "shot".

He asked if I had a carry permit! I said yes but didn't have my pistol. He proceeded to show me his new gun, a brand new Smith and Wesson in a zippered bag on his golf bag. His partner turned out to be his own father who lived in my county and wanted to know how to go about getting his carry permit. Needless to say, I gave him all the information on how to do it.

So, you never know about us golf nuts.
    goldshellback likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Blame the Golf Channel and the golfing games on XBox. Movies like Tin Cup and Caddyshack should be banned. While you're at it, demonize the USGA for protecting the rights of golfers.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

We are the only sain ones. Also I believe golfers carry every club they own to every event. How often do you carry all of your guns on your EDC???

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Look at it this way,
    most golf courses, you must call and get a tee time… Show up at a shooting range with your bag and eight dollars, your good to go.

Golf it is outside, daylight is needed… Indoor shooting ranges are well lit, and open late.

Golfers, feel the need to be around other people… Shooters are quite happy go it alone, you don't need to call your buddies, to go to the range.

You must sneak your clubs out of the house passed your wife and her list of things to do… If you carry concealed properly, she is none the wiser.

I'm sure y'all can add more to this list, and please do.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    We need to ban high capacity golf bags!! Why do golfers need 30 balls for 18 holes????
    Trust me, we do. The good thing is, the areas of the golf course that I end up exploring, I find a lot of other balls AND National Geographic pays me to bring back pictures.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Maybe we are crazy, maybe not, but we are the ones they look to when the freedoms in which they so liberally revel are threatened, and need to be defended with blood.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Trust me, we do. The good thing is, the areas of the golf course that I end up exploring, I find a lot of other balls AND National Geographic pays me to bring back pictures.
    I only needed one,not because I shoot under par unless my par is like 150,but after every hit in the rough I usually came back with 5 or 6 but hardly ever the one I lost
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Because there is water, thick rough, and out of bounds areas.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Been there, done that. Although playing golf in bad weather is akin to fishing in bad weather...... well I've done that too. I Love (attempting) golf. I love fishing. Sometimes I'll just buck-up and go regardless of the forcast because it'd be the only chance I get.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Links