White House Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

This is a discussion on White House Petition to Deport Piers Morgan within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mprp I think that poll would really send a message that he isn't liked but that's about it. I don't see how ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: White House Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    I think that poll would really send a message that he isn't liked but that's about it. I don't see how I could be serious about wanting to deport someone for exercising the 1st Amendment. That's like telling me I can't use my 2nd or any others. Let him scream and cry his opinions but I'm not so sure about deportation.

If we were to deport everyone in the habit of ignorant spews, we'd lose half of the country.
    Yeah but at least we wouldn't have to deal with illegal immigrants anymore!!! :) OH I can dream right!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If he isn't a naturalized citizen then he is a guest,and if you don't behave in my house as a guest I will ask you to leave.
    Really good point! Non citizens in our country aren't protected by the Constitution.

I see the petition as a protest, he's not going to be deported. You can always make up an e-mail address or use a g-mail account.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Just why I ask myself LOL....Why
    1. Someone actually took the time to start a IMO stupid petition
    2. Why they think it would have any affect on anything

Ya know, if someone said they started the petition as a joke then I might have signed it just to go along....but to actually start a petition to deport someone because you do not like their views.....is just way.......(insert forum violation here LOL)
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Really good point! Non citizens in our country aren't protected by the Constitution.

I see the petition as a protest, he's not going to be deported. You can always make up an e-mail address or use a g-mail account.
    Excuse me? They are indeed protected by the Constitution with some exceptions. In fact, the Constitution is not really about the people, it is about what the government can and can not do.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Excuse me? They are indeed protected by the Constitution with some exceptions. In fact, the Constitution is not really about the people, it is about what the government can and can not do.
    True, it's the exceptions I was thinking about.
    Last edited by Jeanlouise; December 23rd, 2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Piers Morgan Deportation Petition Posted To White House After His Gun Control Rants

News article about the petition

Piers Morgan Deportation Petition Posted To White House After His Gun Control Rants
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

White House Petition to Deport Piers Morgan
    A silly waste of time and a distraction. Just wasted motion born of frustration. The way to beat a Piers Morgan is not to look more stupid and intolerant than he is.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If he isn't a naturalized citizen then he is a guest,and if you don't behave in my house as a guest I will ask you to leave.
    I don't know his citizenship, but guests enjoy the same civil rights here as anyone else.
    It is a matter which goes beyond law to courtesy and decency.

And, please remember that most of our constitution speaks in terms of persons, and "people," and not in
    terms of citizenship.

Frankly, I don't like the guy and for reasons that have nothing to do with the gun debate, as I find
    many of his political views not at all to my liking. But to want him deported for speaking his mind, no thank you.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    When the government opens its 'reeducation camps' next year, petition signers, will be in the first train cars headed to the 'camps'.

Keep your head low.
    It has to be said. There are not going to be any "reeducation camps" or any other form of totalitarian
    round ups next year or the year after or ever. If you really believe that is actually something on the table,
    then please seek some professional help because with no disrespect, that is paranoia and delusion.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Just why I ask myself LOL....Why
    1. Someone actually took the time to start a IMO stupid petition
    2. Why they think it would have any affect on anything

Ya know, if someone said they started the petition as a joke then I might have signed it just to go along....but to actually start a petition to deport someone because you do not like their views.....is just way.......(insert forum violation here LOL)
    I got the feeling when I read the petition that it was more of a joke than anything else. What I really found funny was that if it actually reaches 25,000 votes then the President has to provide an official response to it. Of course we all know that he will say somebody exercising their first amendment rights is not grounds for deportation.

On another note this petition wouldn't give Piers Morgan a hint that people in this country don't like him, especially if he didn't get that hint from his dismal ratings compared to every other pundit on cable news.

I wonder if Piers would still be upset if someday we had to use our 2A rights to protect his 1A rights?

The way to address the Piers Morgan problem is to write to companies that advertise on his show and therefore fund it. When advertisers drop his show CNN will drop him.
    DaveH likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dling View Post
    The way to address the Piers Morgan problem is to write to companies that advertise on his show and therefore fund it. When advertisers drop his show CNN will drop him.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by MACC12 View Post
    I wonder if Piers would still be upset if someday we had to use our 2A rights to protect his 1A rights?
    um...with folks wanting to deport him for exercising his 1st Amendment rights, that doesn't seem likely to happen.
    DaveH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Really good point! Non citizens in our country aren't protected by the Constitution.....
    wrong....wrong...very very wrong.

ALL residents of the United States, be they here legally or even illegally, are protected by the Constitution.
    DaveH likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links