White House Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

This is a discussion on White House Petition to Deport Piers Morgan within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The below link is to a petition set up on the White House web site calling for the deportation of Piers Morgan due to his ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: White House Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

The below link is to a petition set up on the White House web site calling for the deportation of Piers Morgan due to his attacks on the bill of rights. The Petition states:

"British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment. We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."
    So far there are just under 12,000 signatures. This has brightened my day.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...dment/prfh5zHD

Again...Bam!!!

Hit that petition, baby, yeah!

Sorry, I'm channeling Emeril Lagasse and Mike Myers at the same time. It's the end of a long, long day.

I think that poll would really send a message that he isn't liked but that's about it. I don't see how I could be serious about wanting to deport someone for exercising the 1st Amendment. That's like telling me I can't use my 2nd or any others. Let him scream and cry his opinions but I'm not so sure about deportation.

If we were to deport everyone in the habit of ignorant spews, we'd lose half of the country.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

This is not about actually trying to deport someone; it's about politics. It's stupid and it stinks, but it is what it is. Sometimes you have to work the system. But hats off to you, mprp, for your principles! And I'm not being sarcastic.
    Cheers,

Gav
    darbo and Jeanlouise like this.

Also, we wouldn't lose half the country: we don't generally deport citizens. But foreigners stirring up trouble, failing to show respect for our laws? That's a different matter entirely.
    darbo, mprp and msgt/ret like this.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to put a boot where the sun don't shine if I met him. However in the middle of any heated debates we may encounter with some of these people, it's important for at least one side to defend the whole Constitution.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to put a boot where the sun don't shine if I met him. However in the middle of any heated debates we may encounter with some of these people, it's important for at least one side to defend the whole Constitution.
    I've told a few people that when this petition is mentioned...if we seek to infringe upon his first amendment rights, what does that say about our rights to the second amendment. You either want the Constitution adhered to or you don't. If you start picking and choosing you are no better than those that seek to disarm us.
    Hopyard likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Signed with pleasure.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I have a hard time with the thought of sending my email address attached to a petition to an administration that is anti-gun. I'm doubtful that it will do any good, and I just don't feel like making their job any easier. Allegedly, BO's 'enemy list' is bigger than Nixon's.
    darbo and surefire7 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

And if I thought for one second this would really result in someone's First Amendment rights (and yes, I am cognizant of the fact that rights granted by our Constitution can extend to aliens) being infringed, I wouldn't have anything to do with it. But this is politics and a different set of rules apply. If that weren't the case, we wouldn't be where we are today, with chaos in the media, guns selling out like there's (or was, as in 12/21/12, ha ha) no tomorrow and all of us being very, very concerned that our rights are about to be taken away.

I didn't create the stupid thing (politics), I just know how it works and know how to work it. What the heck do you think we hire the NRA to do for us? Maybe we don't all approve of how they do business, but if it weren't for them and those that play hardball for us, we'd be in a different place now: instead of fighting an AWB, we'd be fighting to keep our bolt action 22s.

How can we ask for this if the President and members of the house do the same thing...... The call for a so called ban on certain weapons is the prelude to banning all guns in America........ If "they" get this new ban it will not be a temporary one as was the previous. Also I have a feeling this new one will be even more restrictive that the last. "They" know exactly what we know in that a ban will produce nothing substantial. So it is obvious where its headed.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

If he isn't a naturalized citizen then he is a guest,and if you don't behave in my house as a guest I will ask you to leave.
    surefire7 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He attacks anyone exercising their 1st Amendment rights too and calls them all types of names, if their opinion is different than his. He's a joke. Maybe he's trying to be the Liberal/Progressive shock jock of TV land. He always says ... "Well, in BRITAIN WE ...... " .... if he likes it so much, I wish he would go back there.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

When the government opens its 'reeducation camps' next year, petition signers, will be in the first train cars headed to the 'camps'.

Keep your head low.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links