McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!!

This is a discussion on McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Do people actually eat at McDonald's still? Just thinking about it gives me a bellyache....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!!

Do people actually eat at McDonald's still?

Just thinking about it gives me a bellyache.

wishyouwell and Ishmael like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    How sick is this.... McDonald's will be open to 11pm Christmas Eve and 8 to 8 Christmas day.(at least in Milwaukee) How greedy can they get. You have got to be kidding... Has America gone over the edge.....

Now wonder I often use the phrase "Corporate Mongrels.........
    McDonalds Open on Christmas? Fast Food Giant Hopes for Big Sales
    Umm, not everyone is a Christian, and others, like fire and rescue and police have to work Christmas as well, so it's good they have somewhere they can stop to get some food that day.
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Mrs Pockets and I usually go to Waffle House on Christmas Day. It has almost become a tradition for us.

We are both terrible cooks, so we have to go somewhere.
    Aren't the cooks at WH terrible too? Even if they are, at least you don't have to do dishes
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

I don't see a problem with it. For those that do you might think about getting upset about things being open on Veterans Day, the 4th of July, Memorial Day, ect....They are all Federal Holidyas...no more, no less.

As far as McD's specifically....You know some folks do not have any loved ones to go eat Holiday meals with and might be poor. McD's could be a way for them to just get out of the house and see people...even if it for a burger.

As far as the religous aspect.....I don't think Jesus cares if you are having a Big Mac and fries dressed in jeans or sitting at a formal dinner table with a tie eating turkey and ham.
    msgt/ret and Lish like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Well, I'm working Christmas, but there sure ain't no Golden Arches out here...... and I could go for a happy meal right about now...LOL
    tacman605, oneshot and Jeanlouise like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Both IHOP and Waffle House are open Christmas day and are usually both packed. I talked to one Waffle House server a while back and she said every employee is supposed to work on Christmas Day. Another tidbit of info- Christmas day is the busiest day all year for movie theaters.
    At one with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    [B]How sick is this.... McDonald's will be open to 11pm Christmas Eve and 8 to 8 Christmas day.(at least in Milwaukee) How greedy can they get. You have got to be kidding... Has America gone over the edge.....
    i never patronize them, ever
    that said, so what if they are open those hours, or any hours they want to be open for that matter?
    who cares?
    how is this America going over the edge?
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    As a dad of 6 Ill have to say that having a place to stop and feed the pickiest two year old is a true holiday blessing! DR
    tacman605 and Jeanlouise like this.

As a dad who has had to travel on Christmas Day, it is nice to be able to stop & grab a bite along the way sometimes. I know of several less-than-legally documented people around me who would love to be able to work on Christmas, as they have no family around, nor do they celebrate Christmas.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    As far as McD's specifically....You know some folks do not have any loved ones to go eat Holiday meals with and might be poor. McD's could be a way for them to just get out of the house and see people...even if it for a burger.
    For 4 of 5 years that I was on active duty my friends and I celebrated Christmas dinner with either McD's or with Taco Bell. (The fifth out of 5 years I spent in Mogadishu). If it wasn't for fast food we would have had to drive to the base and eat at the base chow hall...Now THAT would have sucked.

Like many others have said, not everyone is a Christian and not everyone has grandma/mom/wife around to cook a nice roast beast on Christmas day.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Re: McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!!

I have to work Christmas eve and day and don't do any kind of celebration with family, its just another day for me, so I'm grateful for food places that are open on holidays.
    atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.

Wow how did anyone get along years ago when the "Blue Laws" were in effect...
    Blue law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Damn, the writers of the Constitution never "envisioned" stores to be open 7 days a week and/or 24 hours, guess we need a ban on that practice since no one really has a need for it......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

When I worked the road (EMS), it was nice to have SOMEPLACE to eat. Even now, my job and a stationery engineer requires 24/7/365 staffing. I'm off this year, but I've had plenty of Christmas and thanksgiving burgers and tacos. Sure beats gas station burritos.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    Well, I'm working Christmas, but there sure ain't no Golden Arches out here...... and I could go for a happy meal right about now...LOL
    You and me both brother. MCRIB'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I don't care what is in them. Our little chow hall here does their best to give good chow with a Christmas theme. In addition my crew was given money by the SF Team for sheep and goats for today, it's Christmas Eve here, and for Christmas Day chow starts in two hours.

I have not had a Christmas home since 2005. I would not care if it was a moon pie and an RC Cola home is home.
    Last edited by tacman605; December 24th, 2012 at 05:51 AM.
    goldshellback and atctimmy like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

We're not a theocracy. The birth of one person's savior is another person's tuesday. If McD's wants to feed commuters etc more power to them. They didn't close for any other religion's holidays.

Of course, I avoid them personally. Self-defense starts with physical fitness imo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links