McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!!

This is a discussion on McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Moops Remember that not everyone celebrates Christmas. This is capitalism at its finest. ^^This is the key^^^ Right here, Think of how ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Remember that not everyone celebrates Christmas. This is capitalism at its finest.

^^This is the key^^^

Right here,

Think of how many Faiths that observe Christmas there are in the world, then figure how many actually observe the holiday, and then it becomes clear

During the 20th century prior to 1990, the popularity of Christianity had been stable in the U.S. About 87% of adults identified themselves as Christians. The country then experienced a major change. Significant numbers of American adults began to disaffiliate themselves from Christianity and from other organized religions. By 2008, the percentage of Christians had reached 76% and is believed to be continuing its decline.
    Religious identification in the U.S.

AND;
    In addition to detailing the current religious makeup of the U.S. and describing the dynamic changes in religious affiliation, the findings from the Landscape Survey also provide important clues about the future direction of religious affiliation in the U.S. By detailing the age distribution of different religious groups, for instance, the study's statistics on religion show that more than six-in-ten Americans age 70 and older (62%) are Protestant but that this number is only about four-in-ten (43%) among Americans ages 18-29. Conversely, young adults ages 18-29 are much more likely than those age 70 and older to say that they are not affiliated with any particular religion (25% vs. 8%). If these generational patterns persist, recent declines in the number of Protestants and growth in the size of the unaffiliated population may continue.
    Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

In short, what Micky D's is noticing is that there are a lot of people who do not observe Christmas.

My wife is working her afternoon shift @ the hospital Christmas day.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I really dont eat Mcdonalds for my own health, but have no problem with them being open on Christmas. Last year we had to drive back home on thanksgiving night, got really hungry and had to drive around for quite a while to find something open. Finally found a steak n shake, I was really glad they were open.

Heck, just from the small group of replies on here sounds like they'll have buisness.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Wow how did anyone get along years ago when the "Blue Laws" were in effect...
    Blue law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Damn, the writers of the Constitution never "envisioned" stores to be open 7 days a week and/or 24 hours, guess we need a ban on that practice since no one really has a need for it......
    It is strange that you support the Blue Laws so much.....here is a tid bit from the reference you cited (BTW: It pertains to the US):
    Some states still prohibit hunting in various degrees on Sundays.
    So, you can't hunt in some places which is to put food on your table. Would really suck if that was your only say off.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I see many restaurants open on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Some folks can't/don't like to cook, but they have to eat.

Right?

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    When I was in the military, there were lots of non-christians who volunteered to pull duty on Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    When I was in the military, there were lots of non-christians who volunteered to pull duty on Christmas.
    Not only non-Christians.

Several of us single guys would work Christmas so the others could spend family time.

Then we would take the New Years holiday off.
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tdw63 View Post
    Like everything else in this country it's all about money, sad but true.
    I agree and then they want to say its all about customer service.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

I am a Baptist preacher, if someone chooses to be open on Christmas day that is thier choice. I would hope they would offer a option to the folks who work for them that would let them at least get part of the day off for families. But I remember a time when the only place to eat on holidays was Waffle House. That got old in a hurry. I go to Hardees every Christmas with the same old joke,"give me a reindeer biscut". (At Easter I ask for a bunny biscut).

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!!

Open it, and they will come.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

There was a time in the early history of the United States that Christmas was not even celebrated. The Puritans shuned the day simply because they felt it was nothing but a day of debauchery and merry making disguised as a celebration of the birth of Jesus. In fact, in England that is exactly what Christmas had morphed into.

It took a long time before other denominations of Christians came to America and the return of the Christmas celebration. It slowly became a part of the American fabric and people forgot that it was not celebrated for a time. Now all of sudden when people do not want to celebrate or even acknowledge the day exists, they get annoyed. If McDonalds or any other business wants to be open on Christmas Day, they can have that right. It doesn't diminish the reason why we have a Christmas in the first place.

I am fairly certain that commerce in Bethlehem continued uninterrupted on that day.
    SIXTO likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just remember our boys and girls over seas! They don't get the days off! I volunteer to work holidays and sometimes dont get them. They're just normal days to me. The only day I take off every year for sure is my bday, my daughters bday or my wifes. We moved recently and are like 17 hours from friends and family so there isn't much for us to do anyways.

Literally every Chinese restaurant is open Christmas day. We'll be eating at one. If you are in the service industry, the holidays are when you are most needed to work.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    When I was in the military it was automatically assumed that if you were single you were available to work holidays, never really mattered to me since with two exceptions I was always at least five days drive from home.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    When I was in the military it was automatically assumed that if you were single you were available to work holidays, never really mattered to me since with two exceptions I was always at least five days drive from home.
    Did you have to drive to Alaska? I've driven from Pittsburgh to San Diego in two days. Granted, I was really pushing it, but I did it.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Did you have to drive to Alaska? I've driven from Pittsburgh to San Diego in two days. Granted, I was really pushing it, but I did it.
    From Ca to Fl and that was back in the mandated 55MPH time.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links