McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!!

This is a discussion on McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How sick is this.... McDonald's will be open to 11pm Christmas Eve and 8 to 8 Christmas day.(at least in Milwaukee) How greedy can they ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!!

Thumbs down McDonald's Open Christmas Day!!!!!

How sick is this.... McDonald's will be open to 11pm Christmas Eve and 8 to 8 Christmas day.(at least in Milwaukee) How greedy can they get. You have got to be kidding... Has America gone over the edge.....

Now wonder I often use the phrase "Corporate Mongrels".........
    McDonalds Open on Christmas? Fast Food Giant Hopes for Big Sales
    Last edited by Crowman; December 24th, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Like everything else in this country it's all about money, sad but true.
    mr.stuart likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    It costs money staying open with no customers. They probably think there are enough people who would stop by to make it worth it. A lot of people like to go to the movies on Christmas day. I dont have an issue with this.
    Lish likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Even the company I work for ( Wal-Mart ) closes on Christmas Day.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

I work in fast food right near a truck stop and the days BEFORE major holidays are busy with travelers on the road, but the day OF a major holiday is usually not worth staying open. Unless their sales are greatly different than ours, I predict they will loose money.
    My GM is having a work Christmas party at his house for employees since we're all off on the same day, I know he even made sure the girl off on maternity leave got an invite. At least there are a few decent bosses to work for still.

A lof of minorities work in fast food, and Latinos specifically often don't have a lot of family in this country. They may noy mind working on the holiday if they aren't going to grandma's anyway. I dunno. I hope their bosses at least gave them a choice - they should only require a skeleton crew anyway.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    If they have a choice to work and need or appreciate the extra money, then its a good thing and its helping them out.

If they don't have a choice and have to work if they don't work, then its bad and they shouldn't do that to them.

RAL
    I have been in the position many years of having to travel 15 hours one way on Christmas day to get to relatives. It is difficult to find gas and food on Christmas especially after it gets dark. Most years we have packed food to eat on the way. Seven people and a 90 pound Lab in a minivan - what fun!?

I really appreciate those law enforcement officers, fire & rescue personnel, hospital employees, military personnel, air traffic controllers, etc. who give up their Christmas day so we can enjoy ours. I know McDonalds is not a necessity but a hot meal after being on the road for many hours, is very welcome.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Remember that not everyone celebrates Christmas. This is capitalism at its finest.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

The bad part is, the kids that have to work probably will not even get a meal on the house Christmas Day.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

I don't have a problem with it. First of all, not everyone celebrates Christmas, not everyone is a Christian. If you work at McDonalds, request Christmas off as early as possible - like January if they'll let you.

I worked at a movie theatre when I was young. I worked every Thanksgiving and New Years Eve to bargain for Christmas off - and even then it was no guarantee. You'd be surprised how many people have a family tradition to go to the movies on a holiday.

I get it, it stinks to have to work a holiday, but I don't fault McDonald for being open - it must be worth their while to bother.
    Brad426, OldVet and Moops like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. First of all, not everyone celebrates Christmas, not everyone is a Christian. If you work at McDonalds, request Christmas off as early as possible - like January if they'll let you.

I worked at a movie theatre when I was young. I worked every Thanksgiving and New Years Eve to bargain for Christmas off - and even then it was no guarantee. You'd be surprised how many people have a family tradition to go to the movies on a holiday.

I get it, it stinks to have to work a holiday, but I don't fault McDonald for being open - it must be worth their while to bother.
    I agree, its not a problem for me. If you have a problem with it, don't eat there...
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Hey, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and other non-Christians need a cheap place to eat, too - right?

the most attention-getting exchange of the Elana Kagan confirmation hearings.

When Lindsay Graham [yesterday] pressed Elana Kagan to recall where she was last Christmas, she told the South Carolina senator: "Like all Jews, I was probably at a Chinese restaurant." Kagan's fellow New Yorker Senator Chuck Schumer then jumped in to explain: "Those are the only restaurants that are open!"
    tubadude, OD*, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

My family does the gift frenzy early in the morning, and then a big dinner. Lunch time is when I run to Wal-Mart for ammo, batteries, that awkwardly small screwdriver I bought last year but can't find this year, and check my cell phone because there is no reception where I do christmas. I'd like a place to do lunch. The great thing about this country is that you don't have to go there.

Mrs Pockets and I usually go to Waffle House on Christmas Day. It has almost become a tradition for us.

We are both terrible cooks, so we have to go somewhere.
    goldshellback likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Administrator
    You never know when you'll get a Mac attack. I'm working Christmas too- sometimes it sucks to be me.
    atctimmy and JoJoGunn like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links