A General FYI To All Members.

This is a discussion on A General FYI To All Members. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Aaaaaaaah, there's nothin' like a good "account deleted" evey now and then, eh QK? Makes you feel sort a powerful, huh? King? Lord? Czar of ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: A General FYI To All Members.

Aaaaaaaah, there's nothin' like a good "account deleted" evey now and then, eh QK?

Makes you feel sort a powerful, huh? King? Lord? Czar of the Cyber Universe?

Just shows that if you zap one, well then the word gets around.

I'm kidding. Kidding. I'm with ya bro. I got yer back! Us against the world and we ain't takin' no prisoners! Right?
    QKShooter and CLASS3NH like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

I'm kidding. Kidding. I'm with ya bro. I got yer back! Us against the world and we ain't takin' no prisoners! Right?
    Just wait until you get a new avatar............and a new signature in pink with My Little Pony too............QKS doesn't take prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Members (in general) should be aware of the fact that if you ask to have your account deleted AKA "be made an EX-Member" we will oblige you right away.
    That is because some folks cannot just quietly go away Some need to make a GRAND EXIT - and they post things that they shouldn't and they mess up the continuity of threads by altering posts and they start sending boo-boo PMs to Moderators etc.

So we WILL Nip You In The Bud if you say that want to be outta here.

ALSO: Do NOT let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy UnderRoos.
    If there is a post that bothers you and it is Off Topic and adds nothing constructive to a thread then just PM a Moderator and it will be deleted.
    But, if any member has a personal opinion regarding a topic and you just don't happen to agree with their opinion...that's too bad.
    Either ignore it or respond to it but, don't make it personal.

ALSO: Members should know that you DO have a forum IGNORE feature. If some individual member constantly gets under your skin...place them on your Forum IGNORE List. That way you will not see their threads or their individual posts.

And meanwhile I DO wish that folks would just stop it with the clip/magazine thing.
    And PLEASE if one person in a thread corrects a member then there is no need for 9 other members to post..."It's A Magazine Not A CLIP!"

ALSO....Everybody....Please try and grow a thicker skin.
    Don't allow every typed word on an Internet forum bug the crap out of you.
    Consider the fact that it is (in actuality) probably a stupid comment by an anonymous "somebody" that you do not know and...who does not know you and "people" out there occasionally type things that they would not say to your face if you were sitting in the same room with them sipping on a cold glass of Iced tea. They feel emboldened because they are cloaked under their forum name which is typically not their own.
    People get weird and goofy on the Web sometimes. Try not to respond to it. Just report it if it is a personal attack or a goading post.

Trust me...I get it worse than you all get it but, mostly VIA Private Mail.

See Below.

You sir are insulting.
    and you are indeed the ignorant and judgmental one.
    Keep your judgmental opinions your yourself and refrain from those judgmental opinions from closing other threads.
    Given you sir, I pity the rest of this site and will leave it. Please feel free to ban me forever..

You Ignoramus.
    <~~~~ Do you want to know how much that bothers me?
    About this much.~~~~>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thicken up that skin.
    The world is chock full of insignificant whack-a-doodles & LIFE is too short and precious to waste a minute of it getting all bent out of shape over what spews off of the keyboards of irrelevant, semi-intelligent, idiots. Mommas basement can be a cold & lonely place to live and some folks just need an outlet and any excuse to vent.
    Wait! I'm confused, Is this my Christmas present for DC?

Now I feel bad. I didn't get you guys anything.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Just wait until you get a new avatar............and a new signature in pink with My Little Pony too............QKS doesn't take prisoners.
    Can I have the My Little Pony if JoJo doesn't want it?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Thanks for the info on the Ignore feature however I will never use it but knowing it is there may keep me from putting my foot in my mouth...

In defense of somebody wishing to "de-member", I can see where a person wouldn't wish to participate in a forum. Granted, all they need to do is stop visiting and remove from the bookmarks feature. I joined a couple of gun forums a few years ago that I truly regret ever associating with. Although I haven't visited them in eons, I still am listed as a member, which galls me. Also, there are those that might fear the feds using forum membership lists as a data base for future fed "actions". Just my opinion, I love it here.
    QKShooter, CLASS3NH and JoJoGunn like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I was going to post something but I'm busy un-knotting the Roos.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Administrator
    I should add that I usually never outright ban a member just for initially lambasting me in a Private Message. Since we DO have a rule applicable to that I will usually send them a PM reply and tell them to Count to 10 - Chill Out a bit and then give them one chance to discuss their problem in a civil and decently respectful manner.

And if they go along with that I am willing to discuss any problem that they may have or perceive to have.

If they ask to have their account deleted (publicly or privately) the Moderators will give them their wish immediately.

If a member goes keyboard ballistic and rips a Moderator a new one PUBLICLY in a forum post...unless that is followed up by a super quick public apology - the chance that person will go permanently Bye-Bye will increase exponentially.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This can be found and read at the very bottom of the forum rules page.

Should you ever have any issues with anything forum related please feel free to send a Private Message to any of our forum Moderators. We do understand that some topics are very "HOT BUTTON" issues and/or you may perceive some Moderator action to be unfair. That is fine and please do feel free to discuss your issue with any Moderator VIA Private Mail in a civil and respectful manner. Your complaint will then usually go for review by multiple Moderators who will "weigh in" on the disputed decision.

Please Note: Losing your temper, ranting, name calling, sarcastic tone and general disrespect in a Private Mail Message to a Moderator or Administrator will get you removed from the forum.
    Consider yourself to be warned of this in advance.
    It is excellent practice for you to know how to make your point like a decent, calm, rational, human being should you ever find yourself in a court of law ~ at some future point in time.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    "Do NOT let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy UnderRoos."

I may make that my signature line.
    Awwww shucks Brad, you beat me to it..... hehehehehehehehehe
    Great Minds Think Alike
    QKShooter likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

There's a couple Gun Forums that haven't allowed me to become a Member. In fact, I got Banned BEFORE I even asked to join them.
    Guess my 'popularity" has made around.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Administrator
    But, But, Jeanlouise...Don't you already HAVE a +NURSE+ My Little Pony in your Personal Profile Section?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    But, But, Jeanlouise...Don't you already HAVE a +NURSE+ My Little Pony in your Personal Profile Section?

why yes, it seems that I do!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Administrator
    Magic Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    why yes, it seems that I do!
    Jeanlouise and atctimmy like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Careful what ya wish for
    Jeanlouise and QKShooter like this.

VIP Member
    I hope Jojo isn' t bitter over this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links