A General FYI To All Members. - Page 6

A General FYI To All Members.

This is a discussion on A General FYI To All Members. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pscipio03 I might ask the moderators to grow a bit of a thick skin, too. Not trying to stir anything up, but ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: A General FYI To All Members.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    I might ask the moderators to grow a bit of a thick skin, too. Not trying to stir anything up, but was very surprised when my thread was edited when I put a dollar sign dollar sign and this was treated as a curse.
    Actually, "ass" can be permitted depending on usage. Although not as an insult.

However:

4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well.
    Workarounds are specifically prohibited by the rules. Which would be why it was edited.

Its not really a thin skin thing, its working within the guidelines set by the rules.
    Bark'n and QKShooter like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

RAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The little red stars under your name are dependent on your "status" which is dependent on the number of posts you have made.

The "Reputation" function is not used here that I am aware of.
    Thank you Rock and Glock. My grandmother used to say, "You never know until you find out!" She was a wonderful, happy lady who laughed a lot.
    Rock and Glock and QKShooter like this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Actually, "ass" can be permitted depending on usage. Although not as an insult.
    As in, "this is an ass".............

_RDC4405.jpg

Or..........watch out, you might get a new "assatar"...........

I find it sadly amusing that a thread like this is even necessary.
    But it is nice to know there is a reason that I can't find certain threads and posts. There were some days I was starting to question my sanity!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    You mean WE got caught!

That was me with the clip/magazine this time. Sorry...
    No, I started that one. You just picked up on it. I will refrain from mag/clip , bullet/round and other improper, but commonly used terminology use threads. I do think, however, that a common vocabulary makes communication easier.
    QKShooter and Rock and Glock like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    No, I started that one. You just picked up on it. I will refrain from mag/clip , bullet/round and other improper, but commonly used terminology use threads. I do think, however, that a common vocabulary makes communication easier.
    Maybe we could just call them a clag or a mip.
    msgt/ret, QKShooter and archer51 like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Clip, mag, blah blah blah… Real weapons are belt fed.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

VIP Member
    Qk, has mom been sending you my laundry again?

Also, I can't believe the guy that PM'ed you even knew how to spell .
    QKShooter likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    As in, "this is an ass".............

_RDC4405.jpg

Or..........watch out, you might get a new "assatar"...........

^That there is funny!^^^^^^^^^

Was he the one who could spell ignoramus?
    QKShooter likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Administrator
    Actually I had to correct his spelling of the word "Ignoramus" - What does that tell you?
    DO NOT post and call somebody an Ignoramus if you cannot spell it correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Qk, has mom been sending you my laundry again?

Also, I can't believe the guy that PM'ed you even knew how to spell .
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Maybe there should be a sticky of suicide by mod ex-members,with brief description. Hmmm
    msgt/ret likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

NEVER speak bad about anyone that can could at some point in time be behind the needle that is about to be poked into your thick/thin skin.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Maybe there should be a sticky of suicide by mod ex-members,with brief description. Hmmm
    Mulle46 just PMed me and said that all DC mods are a bunch of cotton headed ninny mugginses (mugginsies?). He also said that you all were afraid to stand up to him and delete his account!

See the proof is right here (I never doctored it one bit. No sir, not one bit):

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    All DC mods are a bunch of cotton headed ninny mugginses! Them lily livered pansies wouldn't dare kick me out or make my avatar into an assatar!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Mulle46 just PMed me and said that all DC mods are a bunch of cotton headed ninny mugginses (mugginsies?). He also said that you all were afraid to stand up to him and delete his account!

See the proof is right here (I never doctored it one bit. No sir, not one bit):
    thems not words a nj boy would use. Timmy setting me up. Boo, Timmy . Boo. ;)
    atctimmy and archer51 like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Awwwww...thanks Archer!

Hey Jean, what about my new smile?
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links