Hanging up my guns

This is a discussion on Hanging up my guns within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Jeanlouise Also, when you're laying flat on your back in bed, put a couple of pillows under your knees to take the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hanging up my guns

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Also, when you're laying flat on your back in bed, put a couple of pillows under your knees to take the pressure off your lower back.
    That has worked quite well for me along with applying moderate heat to the lower back area. Here’s praying you will be back up and on your feet quickly.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Hope all goes well and recovery is quick.

Good luck....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That has worked quite well for me along with applying moderate heat to the lower back area. Here’s praying you will be back up and on your feet quickly.
    But if the area's inflamed you don't want to add heat. It might relax the muscles but will just make the inflammation worse. That's why he's on muscle relaxers since the doctor knows that heat is contraindicated.

P5
    Hopefully that 5-7 day rest will get you back to normal. Good luck for a speedy recovery.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

I have seen a relatively new, non-invasive, non medication treatment modality called "Airrosti" work wonders with people dealing with similar problems. I've referred many soccer players dealing with back, hip, and knee issues to a practitioner in this area that works with the Dallas Cowboys. Depending on where you live in Virginia, it might be an option worth looking into.

Airrosti Rehab Centers

I am in no way a medical treatment provider, but have seen the positive results first hand with multiple cases representing all different age groups. Might be worth looking into.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

VIP Member
    Thanks guys for all the best wishes and advise. Into the second day of meds now. Seem to be helping already. I was at least able to sleep the night through last night, and made it out of bed on the first attempt! I know it will take some time for the inflammation to go away, and the pain meds are making it bearable now, dull ache vs sharp pain when trying to walk. I also picked up a cane when I picked up the meds from the pharmacy, figured having something to help take the weight off the leg when walking would help (plus it can be used defensively if needed).

Unfortunately the 3 days in bed isn't really an option. Wife has medical issues that pretty much keeps her for doing things around the house that I have been doing. No family in the area to help out either. Will keep the Chiropractor in mind. Will have to check with Tri-Care to see if they cover chiropractic services. I know I would have to have a referral from my Primary Care giver, not sure if he'll give a referral to a Chiropractor, I know a lot of MD's don't like them and won't refer someone to them.

I had 3 weeks vacation time and had thought about burning it off at Thanksgiving. For some reason I never got around to doing it. Glad now I didn't. I'll keep you advised on how things are going. Again, thanks for your thoughts.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links