Some people just don't get it.

This is a discussion on Some people just don't get it. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So the wife, my daughter, and I go to one of the local theaters today (Life of Pi) and I go on ahead while the ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By ANGLICO
  • 4 Post By soonershoote
  • 3 Post By NCSoxFan
  • 1 Post By Maximpactguns

Thread: Some people just don't get it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Some people just don't get it.

So the wife, my daughter, and I go to one of the local theaters today (Life of Pi) and I go on ahead while the girls make a pitstop. Now anybody with a lick of sense has heard about the Aurora theater shooting and how the gunman propped open the exit and then came back in with his weapons.

So while I wait, I glance over to the nearby backdoor exit and what do I see? A piece of wood jammed in the ajar door. I promptly yanked it out, closed the door, and gave it a kick to see if it was secured. A few seconds later, I hear voices and see three young girls peeking in, one of them saying, "Hey, someone locked us out." I imagine they decides to take a smoke break or to let some "friends" in.

After the movie, I reported it to the manager. She said she knew who it was and that it had been brought up to them before. I suppose the unemployment roles increased by three today, but as far as I'm concerned, the girls can learn a tough lesson.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Most people you meet in life, today, are what I refer to as 'Functioning Morons'................ They do not process information like we do.......... However, we are expected to be judged at the lowest, least common level of understanding.......

Its amazing how Public Teaching Unions have so dummed down the US Citizen............. Like it might have been planned to do so.

Glad you made a point of reporting it!

This country has gotten dumber than stumps over the last 25-30 years....
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Good man for stepping up. Too many people would have ignored or accepted their actions as an innocent bending of rules. This is the type of situational awareness all Americans need to adopt to prevent mass murders in the future.
    ANGLICO, 1MoreGoodGuy and oldnfat like this.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    Good man for stepping up. Too many people would have ignored or accepted their actions as an innocent bending to of rules. This is the type of situational awareness all Americans need to adopt to prevent mass murders in the future.
    Exactly, on point! - do not be the Sheep.......... be the Shepard!

+1 to you Sir...

Distinguished Member
    Ditto to all the replies above. Well spoken.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Right is right. Sometimes you just have to do what's right. Wtg

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Most people you meet in life, today, are what I refer to as 'Functioning Morons'................ They do not process information like we do.......... However, we are expected to be judged at the lowest, least common level of understanding.......

Its amazing how Public Teaching Unions have so dummed down the US Citizen............. Like it might have been planned to do so.

Glad you made a point of reporting it!
    I dont have much if not any faith at all in the public school system. I had round and round arguements with my history teacher over who discovered America first! I also had very reasonable proof that Christopher Columbus was a murdering savage of his time. They also were off on many points of how the Civil War was started. I believe it started over the south trading with england and the north mad because they were using other traders like the english. I do NOT believe the Civil War was started because of slavery. The slaves were actually brought here on UNION ships believe it or not. :) Sorry for the ranting!
    msgt/ret likes this.

Links