God Bless President George HW Bush and more vitriol from the left. - Page 2

God Bless President George HW Bush and more vitriol from the left.

This is a discussion on God Bless President George HW Bush and more vitriol from the left. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; CQ, I thought you had misspelled "polecate" which is a completly different animal, much akin to the anonymous posters we've been discussing......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: God Bless President George HW Bush and more vitriol from the left.

CQ, I thought you had misspelled "polecate" which is a completly different animal, much akin to the anonymous posters we've been discussing...
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

God bless President Bush and his family during these trying times. May he heal and be with family at his home.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    She didn't have to look very hard did she? It was all in one place and within a 24 hour period.
    Don't make the mistake of underestimating the hate of the left. In comes in all forms. Tune in to "The ED" program on MSNBC sometime.
    Maybe I shouldn't underestimate the power of "the right" to lump together (and stereotype) "the left" based on 50 twitter comments

I swear sometimes, Robber's Cave should be part of the mandatory educational program!

I guess it might not be obvious. That page that you found (and has now been deleted in the OP) is a compiled list. The person who made the blog went out and found and compiled the hateful (and scummy) comments and put it together for our convenience, so that we could be all incensed at "the left". It's a psychological gimmick intended to foster divisions, to help smear an entire cohort of people with the scummy comments of a few.

You can find blogs that do this for us based on any partisan or ideological fight. The internet is a big, big place! I can find Christians wishing atheists would die & vis versa. I can find hateful vitriol focused against climate scientists OR big oil OR prius drivers OR people who drive hummers. I can find hatred to the wealthy and to those on welfare.

And I can find lolcats. It really depends on what you're looking for.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    Smitty had to delete the link because the hatred and violent language from the crazies was too much. I completely understand.

If you want to see what passes for discourse in Liberal America you'll have to go to her site: twitchy.com

On second thought, just take my word for it...it's vile.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't underestimate the power of "the right" to lump together (and stereotype) "the left" based on 50 twitter comments
    And I never underestimate the power of the Left to provide us with all the material.

Must be nice to be a Canadian and not have to deal with any of this.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Disgusting.

Why is it that the left always attacks with such dirty and insulting tactics?
    Most are moraless and scum

God Speed Mr. President

I was being ironic, you goose! It's really obvious! I was teasing you for lumping together 'the left', and then pretended I was doing the same thing.

(naw, our politics are mean, too. We just do it while holding our beers with one pinkie raised)
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

This is just embarrassing. I used to associate with the left and in some aspects still do but this kind of vitriol is just awful. Please remember though that not all lefties are this mean...most of them are just sort of clueless with idealistic thoughts of a world full of rainbows and puppy dogs.

My uncle once told me, "If you aren't liberal when you are young, you have no heart...if you aren't conservative as you get older, you have no brain." I don't know if I necessarily buy that statement but I have definitely become more conservative as I've gotten older and less naive about the workings of the world.

I still wouldn't necessarily call myself a conservative but the "al" has changed to a"terian" at the end of the word to describe my leanings.
    TX expat and msgt/ret like this.

Hope he gets better, but he's still a gun banner. For that reason alone, I'm glad he's not President anymore.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post

My uncle once told me, "If you aren't liberal when you are young, you have no heart...if you aren't conservative as you get older, you have no brain." I don't know if I necessarily buy that statement but I have definitely become more conservative as I've gotten older and less naive about the workings of the world.
    Not to totally jump the OPs thread but this reminds me of a joke.

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, but her father was a staunch Republican. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to high taxes and welfare programs. He stopped her and asked how she was doing in school. She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA, but it was really tough. She had to study all the time and never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. On top of that, the part-time job her father insisted she keep left absolutely no time for anything else.

He asked, 'How is your friend Mary?' She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, didn't have a job, and went to all the parties. She was always complaining about not having any money, but didn't want to work. Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and request that 1.0 be taken off her 4.0 and given it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a respectable 3.0 GPA. Then, she could also give her friend half the money she'd earned from her job so that her friend would no longer be broke.

The daughter angrily fired back, 'That wouldn't be fair. I worked really hard for my grades and money, and Mary just loafs. Why should her laziness and irresponsibility be rewarded with half of what I've worked for?' The father slowly smiled and said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party'."
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Prayers for a hero.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    And I never underestimate the power of the Left to provide us with all the material.

Must be nice to be a Canadian and not have to deal with any of this.
    To add, my Canadian cousins in Alberta would probably be just as mortified as we are. They live in Western Canada and think the people in the East have some missing brain cells. More so of the Quebec kind.

They tell me that they are more American than Canadian.

Maybe if a former Canadian Prime Minister goes into ICU then we can send "greetings" like our loony Leftists have done. Eh?
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Administrator
    Jeanlouise.

If you believe that you can open a Get Well Soon! George H.W. Bush thread & include the name Michelle Malkin in the same post and NOT have the thread morph into Liberal/Conservative/Republican/Democrat political discussion on DefensiveCarry - you would be sorely mistaken.

You can now see first hand how many replies it has taken for this thread to become a forum rule violation. Not too very many.

We will end it with: Get Well Soon G.H.W. Bush.

CLOSED.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics. We also discourage "caliber war" threads and strongly encourage you not to post a thread starting one. Regardless of your level of experience, caliber is a personal preference and what is right for you may not be right for others.
    JoJoGunn, Jeanlouise and Hopyard like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links