Other buy back programs
This is a discussion on Other buy back programs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; With the proliferation of gun buy-back programs geared to sweep the nation, and of course get guns out of the bad guys' hands, I've thought ...
Post By pscipio03
Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
December 27th, 2012 12:03 PM
Other buy back programs
With the proliferation of gun buy-back programs geared to sweep the nation, and of course get guns out of the bad guys' hands, I've thought of a few more buy back programs I hope to see soon:
1. High end sports car buy backs-- bring your 140 MPH+ cars into the local police station. We'll give you a $250 subway and bus pass gift card and you'll be safer from having a car that goes much faster than you need it to.
2. Prescription buy backs-- bring your unused prescriptions in and we'll give you a $50 Starbucks gift card. We like to substitute one addiction for another.
3. Child buy back program-- bring in your youngin for a $100 gift card to the local spa of choice. Let's be honest, what do you need more than one kid for?
4. Snowball buy back program-- we've heard rumors that people in the Midwest and upper northeast are stockpiling snowballs in their back yards. We've even heard of high capacity snowballs (sometimes known colloquially as SnowMen). California has already outlawed snow, so we're trying to catch up. Bring in your unused snow in exchange for pixie dust. Sprinkle it on yourself and think happy thoughts.
5. Constitution buy back program-- bring in any copy of the Constitution you own, and we'll give you a copy of The Manifesto as a replacement. There'll be a mass burning of the copies while all of us change Fahrenheit 451 over and over.
Man, I'm not even 40 yet and I'm the most jaded person I know. Thanks CNN.
December 27th, 2012 12:05 PM
There have been times when I would go for a "child buy back program", LOL
I'd rather be lucky than good any day
There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.
Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.
December 27th, 2012 12:12 PM
24 here, and I'm fully aware of the erosion of our rights by the federal and state governments. I just don't understand how some, especially those my age don't see or chose not to care about it. As stated before by many, it's all about control. Not gun control, people control.
Originally Posted by pscipio03
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
December 27th, 2012 12:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing.
Originally Posted by kapnketel
When I was younger I wondered if a parent refused to pay the hospital bill, would they repo the baby?
Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.
NRA Life Member
December 27th, 2012 12:43 PM
Don't forget the Bible buy back program...
Turn in your Bibles and receive a free "Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama" T-shirt. If you turn in two or more Bibles you will also get the "Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama" commemorative plate.
NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!
December 27th, 2012 12:49 PM
I wondered something similar about women who finance their breast enhancements. What happens if you miss a few payments?
Originally Posted by archer51
December 27th, 2012 01:18 PM
Some people will sell their souls for a few bucks.
"A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"
The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green
December 27th, 2012 05:44 PM
FOr the longest time I had my kids convinced that I could trade them in for a new model up until age 12.
"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."
- Thomas Jefferson
"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"
"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"
December 27th, 2012 07:17 PM
Dad?...is that you?
Originally Posted by CT-Mike
It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
2 Ruger alaskan .454s
December 27th, 2012 07:23 PM
I don't get it. Wouldn't these people get more for their guns if they sold them to gun shops? Why would anyone do one of these buy-back programs? They seem to be pretty popular.
December 27th, 2012 07:34 PM
I'll just be laughing my butt off to anyone who falls for something like that if it is instated!!
December 27th, 2012 08:00 PM
Most of the guns bought back are "community" guns that most gun stores wouldn't touch.
Originally Posted by brocktice
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
December 27th, 2012 10:34 PM
Why don't they take the money they would've spent to buy back guns and fix a few bridges, or perhaps pay off some Chinese debt?
December 28th, 2012 12:28 AM
How about a liberal buyback. We could give them a ticket (one-way of course) to the country of their choice.