What to say when meeting your Daughters boyfriend. - Page 6

What to say when meeting your Daughters boyfriend.

This is a discussion on What to say when meeting your Daughters boyfriend. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Cold Shot Almost everybody makes assumptions based on what people look like. I am keenly aware of how violence works; I don't ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: What to say when meeting your Daughters boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Almost everybody makes assumptions based on what people look like. I am keenly aware of how violence works; I don't underestimate people. Most people aren't that dangerous, however.
    ok then...
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I loved all your responses and have no doubt that your daughters will bring home "good guys".
    I also know that most of this is tongue- in- cheek because I've also read your posts in other threads. Not one of you would really kill a boy for "not being nice" to your daughter.
    I admire your enthusiasm though!

My daughters are 32 and 30 now. The oldest brought home a few trolls in her teens. She's now married, has 2 little boys, a great husband, good job and is more Conservative than I am.

So, don't worry so much, your girls will be ok in the end and you won't be sitting in prison watching reruns of "Tru TV".
    It's mostly tongue-in-cheek. Would I really kill a boy if he broke my daughter's heart? Nah. But I won't complain if he thinks I would

I actually did have a heart to heart with my little sister's boyfriend when they started dating a few years ago. Let's just say we have an understanding. I don't like him, I think he's disrespectful, he's got a know-it-all attitude, and he tries way too hard to impress people. But he treats her right and as long as he continues to do so, he gets to live
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. I get it; I won't bother you guys anymore.
    Now THAT was funny. No need to leave, i didn't mean to offend you. My apologies.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    Now THAT was funny. No need to leave, i didn't mean to offend you. My apologies.
    It's actually kind of sad. No offense taken, devil.

I have 4 daughters. One married now. I tell potential boyfriends that they are very close to their Mother and tell her everything, and my wife tells me everything. I then take them out to the garage and show then my Spartan training area I then do a quick 20 pull-ups and ask them to do them same as I want to make sure my daughters will be safe when out with them. They normally Peter out after 5-10 pull-ups. I advise them I stay in shape, so I can protect what is precious to me.

I also treat my wife with great respect and my daughters have seen that for their entire life, I date my daughters, open their doors, tell them how proud I am of them and how much I adore them. They are the first line of defense, since they have high standards.
    mulle46 likes this.

I tell them that me and my buds like to spearfish... We travel miles off shore, bloody up the water, and dive in the freenzy.

Strange things happen out there. Occasionally, not everyone who leaves the dock, makes the return.
    mano3 likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links