Supporting Organizations that support our 2A rights

This is a discussion on Supporting Organizations that support our 2A rights within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A friend and I were just having a coffee and talking about things like potential firearms bans. He and his wife are good friends and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cn262

Thread: Supporting Organizations that support our 2A rights

A friend and I were just having a coffee and talking about things like potential firearms bans. He and his wife are good friends and pro-gun, but he always assumes "other people" will fight the important battles. I gave him a NRA membership for Christmas, and tonight he started asking about other ways to help. I commented that instead of spending $10 at Starbucks we could have had coffee at either one of our houses and donated the $10 to an organization that would fight on our behalf.

It seems like a simple yet potentially very effective idea. I support the NRA and have been a long-time life member, but until today have not supported the Second Amendment Foundation or Gun Owners of America. All three seem like worthy groups - and there are likely more out there. Most of us have a spare $5 - $10. If nothing else, making a small donation now could help save hundreds later on the cost of equipment and ammo.

So, I just wanted to throw that out there. A few dollars each from several hundred people can have a real impact. Below are three links for the organizations I mentioned before to help make this easy for anyone interested.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/donate.asp

Contribution

Second Amendment Foundation Online
    KoriBustard and Jeanlouise like this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    cn262, I've made several statements in other threads supporting your point exactly. As I mentioned in one of those threads, when you think about how much money you spend on your guns, ammunition, licensing, holsters, safes, carry cases, etc. it comes to a fairly substantial amount. Why not invest a few more dollars in those organizations that are fighting to preserve your right to do so? Put your money where your guns are!
    Last edited by KoriBustard; December 28th, 2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Typos
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

VIP Member
    That's a very good idea. I also try to support companies that share my values, especially local Mom and Pop stores.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

What really amazed me was the logical disconnect between his perception of being a "gun person" and his desire to own firearms. It didn't take long to get him to realize that if he valued his Second Amendment rights that he needed to start getting involved, and not just assume that "others" were taking care of things so he didn't really have anything to worry about.

A little education to create awareness and understanding, followed by a simple call to action seemed to be effective. And, it's something each of us can do. I'm going to see how many more of these discussions I can have this weekend!

cn

I love it, I too have remained out of the fight until now. I joined the NRA, asked my friends what have we done to protect our right, 2 have committed to join too. I then started to talk to people at work, 2 more are going to buy their first guns and take advantage of their 2nd amendment rights. I'll no longer be apart of the silent majority.

VIP Member
    I just joined the Second Amendment Foundation for five years. Thanks for the post.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I just joined the NRA for 3 years. Like many here, I can no longer sit by and let others fight the battle for me. May not be much but it is what I can do right now.

Re: Supporting Organizations that support our 2A rights

Glad to see gun owners taking our 2A right with the seriousness and support it needs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Links