Getting stir crazy in quarantine.

This is a discussion on Getting stir crazy in quarantine. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Getting sick not much fun. :( I'm holed up in bedroom by myself to limit chance of getting the rest of family sick, and end ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Getting stir crazy in quarantine.

Getting sick not much fun. :( I'm holed up in bedroom by myself to limit chance of getting the rest of family sick, and end up trading illness. Tons of fluids and soup.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    I've been doing much the same the last couple of days. Got an extra "Christmas Gift" from my daughter. At least she's fine now. Lots of Hall's cough drops.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Had my "hack attack" back at Thanksgiving. Lasted 3 weeks. Dang near coughed up my lungs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That's what I'm trying to avoid, vet.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Send out or have somebody go to a Chinese restaurant, and get some Hot and Sour soup. This stuff is GREAT! And between the hot peppers, garlic, ginger and vinegar, it will remedy any cold known to man.
    I believe it would cure death.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Have the family get you an Airsoft. That way you can practice shooting coins off your dresser while you are recovering.

Watching the pinstripe bowl from NYC. What is all that white stuff on the field?
    BigFish likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

May start dry fire soon. GA gets that occasionally. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Send out or have somebody go to a Chinese restaurant, and get some Hot and Sour soup. This stuff is GREAT! And between the hot peppers, garlic, ginger and vinegar, it will remedy any cold known to man.
    I believe it would cure death.
    may give it a shot. Hmmm.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Getting sick not much fun. :( I'm holed up in bedroom by myself to limit chance of getting the rest of family sick, and end up trading illness. Tons of fluids and soup.
    I feel your pain my friend. I spent a full month in hospital isolation when I was 25, and diagnosed with kidney failure and an MRSA infection of my ankle from walking into a rowing machine in a hallway without a working light one night 3 days earlier. It's miserable being not only restricted to a small room, but not seeing anyone else who isn't in a mask, gown, and gloves. That was abck in 1996, too, before we had nice, affordable laptops and nearly universal internet access. I watched a lot of Wild Wild West on TV.

VIP Member
    I am so sorry.

The stomach bug just ran through our family. Both kids and I got it; husband miraculously escaped. And that was good, because he had to take a day off work when I couldn't get out of bed. A preschooler and baby projectile vomiting all over the house is no fun (except for the dogs).

We have a great little real Italian restaurant by us. Pasta fagioli kept me going the whole duration.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I feel your pain my friend. I spent a full month in hospital isolation when I was 25, and diagnosed with kidney failure and an MRSA infection of my ankle from walking into a rowing machine in a hallway without a working light one night 3 days earlier. It's miserable being not only restricted to a small room, but not seeing anyone else who isn't in a mask, gown, and gloves. That was abck in 1996, too, before we had nice, affordable laptops and nearly universal internet access. I watched a lot of Wild Wild West on TV.
    im lucky that I never had to spend time like that in a hospital. Spent six weeks after a back surgery at home though, but I at least had a laptop.

VIP Member
    Get better soon Mulle! Glad you have the internet for some entertainment. Drink LOTS of water!
    mulle46 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Wow! I'm surprised you lived with kidney failure and MRSA in 1996. You're really lucky.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Hope you feel better soon I haven't gotten it although my girlfriend had it pretty bad
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Thanks everyone. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links