OK, I re joined the NRA...Everybody Happy - Page 2

OK, I re joined the NRA...Everybody Happy

This is a discussion on OK, I re joined the NRA...Everybody Happy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I got a little duffel bag. My teenager took it to school for his gym clothes. Waiting for a teacher to freak out over the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: OK, I re joined the NRA...Everybody Happy

I got a little duffel bag. My teenager took it to school for his gym clothes. Waiting for a teacher to freak out over the evil black assault bag .

Already an NRA member, and got the duffle bag, which was stolen when my car was broken into a couple years back. I just joined GOA today though.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

VIP Member
    My wife intends to join tomorrow.

I'm going to encourage my neighbors to join as well.

Strength in numbers !
    bigdog44 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Good to have ya Aboard.....

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    I too got tired of all the requests for money. But what bothered me more was all the "defense DVDs," insurance policies, etc. they try to promote. About 6 months ago I sent an email to the NRA requesting that I be removed from all promotional mailing/emailing activities. I received a nice note back saying they would honor my request and I've received nothing but news and updates since that time. So, I believe if you make a similar request (couple with a "where's my jacket?") it will be honored.
    Same for me. I asked the calls to stop and the email and mail solicitations to stop. Every single one has stopped. Since they honored my request I send more money now to help as needed. I do not agree with everything either but not a good time to split hairs over little things. Time for that later when there is nothing else going on. Ha, if ever such a day.
    oneshot likes this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    OK, given the political climate I have rejoined the NRA...for now. Everybody happy?
    Made me so happy that I went and joined today as well...
    Last edited by OD*; December 29th, 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Spelling error...
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

VIP Member

You are a good man suntzu ,and I understand your animosity toward them.
    Thanks!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

OK, given the political climate I have rejoined the NRA...for now. Everybody happy?

Let me explain...most know of my feelings toward Mr LaPierre and the organization in general. But I figure that numbers at this point mean a bit more than my grievencances toward them.

BTW: I have never gotten a hat from them which you suppose to get when you first join. Still bugs me
    Bout damn time!

You can have my hat, I prefer my Stetsons and Resitols
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar

Let me explain...most know of my feelings toward Mr LaPierre and the organization in general. But I figure that numbers at this point mean a bit more than my grievencances toward them.

BTW: I have never gotten a hat from them which you suppose to get when you first join. Still bugs me
    I had to kinda hold my nose when I joined. I wish i could opt out of all the marketing, but they do still support my desires regarding guns.

Got my hat the past two years. I re uped for 2 more and picked the knife. I don't advertise I am a gun owner so I don't wear the hats, but a knife is always handy. They did offer the life membership at a redused price, but this soon after Christmas....
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Good for you. My wife's going to join next week and get free admission to the gun show.

I just re-upped today, been needing to since September just hadn't taken the time. I don't always agree with them, but they are the largest gun lobbyist we have. Signed up for a $25/year membership at https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...ignid=XC025146
    TX expat likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links